ALERT:. PLEASE BE CAREFUL IF SOMEONE CALLS YOU AND CLAIMS TO BE FROM IRS, ELECTRIC COMPANY OR WHATEVER THEIR REASON MIGHT BE. LOOK AT THIS LINK FOR MORE INFORMATION:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14621

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041
with the holidays coming up, the return percentage is higher.

Is my fox in heat/or Pregnant? PLEASE HELP

Breeding, caging, housing, bottle feeding, domestication, colors, in cage enrichment, etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Moxyo

Is my fox in heat/or Pregnant? PLEASE HELP

Postby Moxyo » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:48 pm

:wall:

Okay today is April 18th. 2 days ago, my female fox, Meeka.
Was humping my male fox ,Sly. She's quite chubby. And acting really really hyper and crazy. I don't know if she's pregnant .... or in heat.. PLEASE HELP!! :(
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Is my fox in heat/or Pregnant? PLEASE HELP

Postby Ash » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:14 pm

It's too late for a fox to be in heat right now. Mating season is February.

She could be pregnant since this is the time of year kits would be born. Or she could be going through a false pregnancy which sometimes happens to female foxes after season. Either way, I'd start preparing for kits just in case. You don't want to be caught off-guard. You will leave them with mom for several weeks unless something goes wrong and mom rejects them or something.

Remember, to legally sell any fox kit, you need to be USDA-licensed. So if breeding is your plan, you need to get licensed ASAP. It's blackmarket stuff otherwise, and obviously you don't want to dabble in that.

You can give them away for FREE with no rehoming or adoption fee, but only if they are 100% free. No hidden fees, no secret fees, nothing like that.

If you are not USDA-licensed and are not planning on being licensed, then neuter/spay one of the foxes before next winter comes. There's no reason someone should have "surprise" kits. I'm actually very surprised that you would let your foxes go through the winter together without separating them or fixing one of them.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
Moxyo

Postby Moxyo » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:56 pm

Probably because I'm an exotics breeder lol and I am licensed thanks(:
Moxyo

Postby Moxyo » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:05 pm

And by the way , the way you said that was VERY rude. Nice way to get people to leave the site. Very very very rude. You don't know who I am, or what I do. Maybe you should ask me things before you assume."im actually very surprised that you would let your foxes go through the winter together without separating them or fixing one of them." And That's very uncalled for. I work with the worlds most pristine industries, involving animals. Please know the person before you treat them with no respect.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:55 pm

Moxyo wrote:And by the way , the way you said that was VERY rude. Nice way to get people to leave the site. Very very very rude. You don't know who I am, or what I do. Maybe you should ask me things before you assume."im actually very surprised that you would let your foxes go through the winter together without separating them or fixing one of them." And That's very uncalled for. I work with the worlds most pristine industries, involving animals. Please know the person before you treat them with no respect.

I did not see anything rude what Ash has replied. Keep in mind, she didn't know the whole story.
really, Ash has never been rude, she tries to help. you may of took her the wrong way.
Ash is a good person. I have known her for quite a long time.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:07 pm

A good breeder learns about the species before breeding them and knowing when breeding season is, is one of the most basic things you learn.

We don't need any more irresponsible breeders, there are too many already.

PS, I assumed by your first post is was accidental as well. I'm not sure this is any better though.

Also in my experience majority of people that get defensive about some advice like Ash gave only get so because it's true so struck a nerve.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:38 pm

Sorry if I came across as rude. It really did sound like an accidental breeding, and we see lots of people like that--hopping on here with sudden surprise litters. You see even more on facebook and it's becoming a big problem since they aren't USDA and still want to sell the animals. I'm sure you see the problem a lot too being in the industry. I did take time to answer your question quite thoroughly though.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:57 pm

I also think you missed this part:

"If you are not USDA-licensed and are not planning on being licensed, then neuter/spay one of the foxes before next winter comes. There's no reason someone should have "surprise" kits. I'm actually very surprised that you would let your foxes go through the winter together without separating them or fixing one of them."

Obviously you're USDA so that statement doesn't apply to you.
Moxyo

Postby Moxyo » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:49 pm

Alright, thank you ash! I'm sorry I took it the wrong way, a simple misunderstanding between us. And yes I do see it a lot, I don't like seeing people that are not licensed, or have the proper homing or knowledge for these guys. I always see people on Facebook and exotic websites selling without proper licenses ect...I looked at what I wrote and I could see why you thought that actually. I sure you understand, people (the ones who don't understand) being in industry's I always see the messages of people bashing saying "they belong in the wild blah blah blah.." and "do you even have the proper licenses?" Ect... I'm sure you all understand those type of people, I'm sure you have dealt with them one time or another. They are quite the annoyance... the way I read your post , reminded me of that,
That's why a reacted aggressively. But obviously that's not the way you meant it ! My certain apologies! I hope you understand
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:25 pm

Oh, no worries. :)

It's hard for me to see those who are unlicensed disobeying the law, so I just automatically assumed since it was a touchy thing.

Keep us updated for sure on your animals. If she does have kits, we're here to help. :)
Juska

Postby Juska » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:02 am

Animals "humping" things is not a sexual behavior. Many animals of both sexes do it.

What state are you in (I'm assuming you're in the US)?
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!

Return to “Housing, Breeding & genetics”