PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET.. https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041 FREE TO USE .. YOU WILL GET $25.00 TO START)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
please check for dog food and treat recalls: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=14662

Breeds

Breeding, caging, housing, bottle feeding, domestication, colors, in cage enrichment, etc.

Moderators: Ash, hecate, TamanduaGirl

TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Breeds

Postby TamanduaGirl » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:36 pm

Smaller fox species can be kept inside but they do still mark. Arctic and red tend to have issues if kept inside. Arctic more so. Some do get away with reds inside but most move them out after their first year.

Fennecs, plaids, swifts, and even grays tend to do well inside but do still mark. Ikigai doesn't mark much but he is unusual and sticks mostly to his one corner of the room. I'm sure if he considered more to be his he would pee on more. He just marks his cat tree, the corner of his cage sometimes and will sometimes mark my bed but often wont. He will mark my camera or monitor if I don't put them away and protect them at night but I have them bed side so they are in his domain.

Edit: Correction, just noticed, he has been peeing on the corner of the mirror I use as a pet gate to bar him from the door step at night. The door's closed but he jumps from the step to get up the the anteater areas.
Nlucio22

Postby Nlucio22 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:20 pm

Your babies are very pretty. What type of fox is he? Do him and the anteaters get along?
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:40 pm

Thank you. He's a fennec fox. Pua anteater accepted him right away once she smelled he wasn't a dog but then he was a jerk to her so she stopped liking him. She just avoided him though and cried if he got up where he shouldn't be. First time he met Aurora anteater he tried to hump her(he was just a kit but they do that a lot). Aurora sticks to the shelves most of the time but she cycles monthly and gets restless after and will wander the floor at night some. He'll go check her out and follow her around but she growls at him if he gets to close and then he'll dart away. So they have an understanding and no one gets hurt or too bent out of shape but they aren't friends.
Nlucio22

Postby Nlucio22 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:34 pm

Well at least they have an understanding/respect for one another icon-smile

Return to “Housing, Breeding & genetics”