PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Taurine?

When to spay, food, treats, illnesses, grooming, parasites, odor, Teeth, other care as it pertains to health, etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

amandagm

Taurine?

Postby amandagm » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:16 am

Would anyone be willing togive me a link where I can buy taurine? I buy the 50 pound bags of fox food from Dave (thank you Dave she loves it!) but I would like to suppliment with an additional source of taurine. Can it be purchased it a powder, pill, etc? I've found a few places online but they aren't regulated so I have no way of knowing its its 0.0000% or 20%.
Where do you guys buy yours? I give my little girl fresh chicken and beef liver. I try to make her diet as diverse as possible and as soon as I can find it and order all the extra stuff I'm going to start making the "Gizmo" diet but until then would any of you be willing to help?
We live in a very small town so I can't just go to a store and buy it. All the dog food around here doesn't even list taurine. Can someone please post a link where they would buy it or where they know for sure its a safe product that I can give her? Please?
I also give her small quantities of fruits and veggies and I mean SMALL. Otherwise she horks its up and eats it again and repeat, repeat, repeat. I also give her fresh eggs quite often. We have chickens and more eggs than we can eat so she generously helps us with the extra.
Thank you for any and all info you are willing to offer. If someone would just post a link I will order it tonight. I'm trying to give her the other things people as listed as having taurine but I just want to cover all my bases.
Thank you!!
:happyfox:
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Taurine?

Postby Ash » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:32 am

Raw meat has taurine in it. And hearts have a lot of it, so you could buy chicken hearts. I feed Fable raw chicken thighs with the bone. He loves them and just chomps them all down. At first he didn't know what to do with it because he'd never been fed raw before, but he got the idea, lol. :lol:

I used to feed the food Dave gives out, until there was a discussion here about it. I'm wary of it because it doesn't list the ingredients. Though his foxes all seem super healthy and produce healthy kits. I've always been meaning to call the company that produces the food to see what the ingredients are, but I haven't gotten around to it. But I fed it to Fable for a long time and he was super active and healthy, and had firm stools and a shiny coat.

If you feed raw more their waste smells a lot less and there is less of it to clean up since they absorb more nutrients.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
Alynn

Postby Alynn » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:41 am

I give my fox taurine rich cat supplements myself in addition to what I feed her already. Raw meat is probably better though. And Ragtatter's diet is well balanced to include taurine, so once you get her going on that, there should be no concern as to whether or not she has enough taurine.
lavenderlilac

Postby lavenderlilac » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:34 pm

I buy these from amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/PetAg-Taurine-Tab ... ds=taurine

Blue Buffalo Wilderness dog food also has taurine in it. This page show the ingredients:
http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.j ... lInUS%2FNo
Crafty

Postby Crafty » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:59 pm

lavenderlilac wrote:I buy these from amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/PetAg-Taurine-Tab ... ds=taurine

I used to buy these, too, but Loki's new food - called Infinia - has taurine in it so he's all set with that and his raw meat now.
Lupercus

Postby Lupercus » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:42 pm

Sorry to reply to a 10 month idle thread but...

Were can I get this fox food of Dave's and can it be frieghted?

I looked into Mazzuli (Sp?) earlier this year but it simply is not distributed in my region.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:07 am

It is Heartland Blend. You can contact Dave about it if you want some. Or if you do some digging online you may be able to find the contact info to contact the supplier. Messaging Dave might be easier though.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas

Return to “Health & Diet”