please read this regarding toxic dog foods: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=14637

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041
with the holidays coming up, the return percentage is higher.

Flea medicine

When to spay, food, treats, illnesses, grooming, parasites, odor, Teeth, other care as it pertains to health, etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Aeroz

Flea medicine

Postby Aeroz » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:28 pm

I heard I should get Frontline for puppies for my 4 month old red fox, but I wanted to ask whats best since I know that getting the wrong one can be very unhealthy for her
Wiggles

Re: Flea medicine

Postby Wiggles » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:40 pm

I've read about studies showing fipronil (the active ingredient in Frontline) causing increased aggression & lower puppy sizes with dogs & other animals in some cases, so I'm a bit hesitant to use it on my fox.

What's everyone else using?
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:54 pm

Diatomaceous Earth, food grade. It's miracle dirt, lol. It takes care of fleas, mites, ticks, and worms. I ordered a 50 lb bag of it.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
Wiggles

Postby Wiggles » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:38 am

Ash wrote:Diatomaceous Earth, food grade. It's miracle dirt, lol. It takes care of fleas, mites, ticks, and worms. I ordered a 50 lb bag of it.

Good to know! I have a few bags of it for my pool, so that certainly makes things easy.

Would giving the fox a bin of it to roll in do the trick while providing some enrichment, or is it necessary to actually rub them down with it?
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:07 pm

Wiggles wrote:
Ash wrote:Diatomaceous Earth, food grade. It's miracle dirt, lol. It takes care of fleas, mites, ticks, and worms. I ordered a 50 lb bag of it.

Good to know! I have a few bags of it for my pool, so that certainly makes things easy.

Would giving the fox a bin of it to roll in do the trick while providing some enrichment, or is it necessary to actually rub them down with it?

The stuff you use for the pool is not the same. It's been partly melted. You need to buy it from a farm store to get the feed grade.
Wiggles

Postby Wiggles » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:27 pm

TamanduaGirl wrote:
Wiggles wrote:

The stuff you use for the pool is not the same. It's been partly melted. You need to buy it from a farm store to get the feed grade.

Ah, bummer. I guess I'll grab a bag of the feed grade stuff the next time I'm at Tractor Supply then.

Return to “Health & Diet”