PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Tails is looking bloated!

When to spay, food, treats, illnesses, grooming, parasites, odor, Teeth, other care as it pertains to health, etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Daniel662

Tails is looking bloated!

Postby Daniel662 » Sat May 13, 2017 10:20 am

So I own a 6 week old red kit and he hasn't really touched the dry food kibble. He seems to stick to wet food like 9 lives and such. His stool began to look runny almost as if he was having a case of Diarrhea. I decided to try to change the diet to Raw chicken breast, and he LOVED it. The problem is he got bloated from it and now he seems to be sleeping all day. Should I be concerned? Maybe reduce the portion amount or even change his diet again? Thanks for the help!
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Tails is looking bloated!

Postby pat » Sat May 13, 2017 7:26 pm

Daniel662 wrote:So I own a 6 week old red kit and he hasn't really touched the dry food kibble. He seems to stick to wet food like 9 lives and such. His stool began to look runny almost as if he was having a case of Diarrhea. I decided to try to change the diet to Raw chicken breast, and he LOVED it. The problem is he got bloated from it and now he seems to be sleeping all day. Should I be concerned? Maybe reduce the portion amount or even change his diet again? Thanks for the help!
what kind of kibbles are you giving your fox?

you could try boiled chicken, just not too much. eggs is also a good source. (cooked or raw)
is he getting water or milk? he don't need milk if you are feeding it to him.

the dog food could be the culprit, but, I am not sure, depends on what brand you are using.
how much and how often do you feed him?

you don't have to be concerned at this point.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Sat May 13, 2017 10:12 pm

It's normal for fox kits to be all tight and round after they've eaten a good meal. And they're supposed to sleep the majority of the time, especially at this age. If this is something normal, you should notice that by the time his next meal comes around he'll be thinner and ready to be fattened up again.

I don't want to play it down if he is bloated though. I obviously can't see him, so can't know.
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:10 pm

How is your fox doing?
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula

Return to “Health & Diet”