NOTICE:

THIS BOARD WILL BE DOWN FOR A LITTLE WHILE. NOT SURE WHEN. I NEED TO DO UPDATES ON IT.
I WILL GIVE EVERYONE AMPLE TIME WHEN THIS WILL HAPPEN.

IT COULD TAKE ANYWHERE FROM AN HOUR OR MORE TO A DAY. LOTS OF WORK INVOLVED IN IT.
I MIGHT CHANGE THE THEME TOO. SO IF YOU COME ON WITH A DIFFERENT LOOK, YOU ARE AT THE RIGHT PLACE....LOL

"Extinct" Javan Tiger Spotted in Wild

Tiger, lion, cougar, leopard, anything cheetah size or larger

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

"Extinct" Javan Tiger Spotted in Wild

Postby TamanduaGirl » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:26 pm

---
Mary

http://www.livingwithanteaters.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Peacefulward

Re: "Extinct" Javan Tiger Spotted in Wild

Postby Peacefulward » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:55 am

Looks a bit odd for a tiger, but would be great if it is actually one! The back legs for sure have visible stripes.
5 Dogs, 2 cats, 2 leopard geckos, 1 guinea pig, 1 axolotl, and a coatimundi currently in my family. :)

Exotic "wishlist": red fox, arctic fox, gray fox, bat eared fox, fennec fox, mink, muntjac deer, owl (any species).
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:41 pm

Yeah but looking at the black and white example photo of a javana it looks a bit odd for a tiger as well, kinda small head. Hopefully they get a tiger on their camera traps.
---
Mary

http://www.livingwithanteaters.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Juska

Postby Juska » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:58 pm

At first the body shape looked lion-esque, but the tail definitely is not! I'd say it looks like a tiger.
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!
Nìmwey

Postby Nìmwey » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:40 am

The Javan tiger was a very unique subspecies, but it's clearly big, orange and white with black stripes, so it can only be a tiger. :O
My main interest is in parrots, dogs, toothed whales and snakes.
Future animals I want to have when we have land are camels, wolfdogs/wolves, coyotes or jackals, striped hyena or aardwolf. Also poultry, rabbits water buffalo and/or yak for livestock.
Neofelis

Postby Neofelis » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:27 pm

I think it's a leopard. From that distance and with so much grain in the photo, I think spot patterns could look like stripes. The head and tail also just scream leopard to me...

Edit to add photo... Here is a Javan leopard; the body looks VERY similar to me, and if you unfocused your eyes a bit, the spots could look like stripes, on the legs especially which is where they're most prominent in the photo of the tiger^

Juska

Postby Juska » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:43 pm

Now that I'm looking at this on my home computer rather than a laptop, I'm seeing spots on the body. Like no mistake, it looks like spots. The legs seem to be striped. And the tail seems poofy and light-colored on the end whereas the photos of the Javan tiger the tail is striped and short-haired.

It may be a leopard.

The tail of the Javan tiger isn't long enough to match the photo.
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!

Return to “Large Exotic Cats”