Both messages are from me, I just thought I would share the ebates with everyone. been wanting to that awhile ago, but, just never got to it.
If you look at the link, you will see sybil's name on it.
Even though I might not post as much as I would like to, but, I do check this board a couple or more times a day.
The ebates is FREE, no money out of your pocket, only in your pocket. I have been using ebates for a long time, it is easy to use once you register. in fact, anytime you shop online, you will get a drop down message from ebates.
Trust me, it is NOT any type of scam.

Get money back when shopping online and at many stores from Ebates.............. most stores have different percentage rates back. (they usually deposit it in Paypal account.
if you did not sign up yet, please use the link below: (you will get an instant 10.00 for signing up. but, please use the link belowe.

https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

===================================================================================================
NOTICE THIS BOARD WILL BE DOWN FOR A LITTLE WHILE. NOT SURE WHEN. I NEED TO DO UPDATES ON IT. I WILL GIVE EVERYONE AMPLE TIME WHEN THIS WILL HAPPEN.

Tiger escaped, killed

Tiger, lion, cougar, leopard, anything cheetah size or larger

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Nìmwey

Tiger escaped, killed

Postby Nìmwey » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:28 am

Did you see? A tiger was loose in Atlanta, attacked someone's dog, and was shot dead.
No one knows where it came from yet.

I don't know about you, but anything like this seems extremely suspicious just when there's so much talk about the big cat public safety act. I don't want to act all conspiratorial, but how easy would it be for certain people to set a tiger loose to put proceedings in their favor...
My main interest is in parrots, dogs, toothed whales and snakes.
Future animals I want to have when we have land are camels, wolfdogs/wolves, coyotes or jackals, striped hyena or aardwolf. Also poultry, rabbits water buffalo and/or yak for livestock.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Tiger escaped, killed

Postby TamanduaGirl » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:48 pm

Well, I know when they were pushing the ban here by saying they wanted to add alligators and crocs, they found a big dead gator randomly and a "rescue" had a smaller one escape when there had been no problems before. It's not an uncommon pattern. Don't know if they could do it with a tiger but they sure would given the chance.
Juska

Postby Juska » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:48 pm

An article I read said the neighbors [of the lady whose dog was attacked] who called it in may have known where it came from. But that's all it said, no more info.
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:03 pm

Escaped unnoticed, hmm, released by AR maybe. Otherwise how unnoticed, tigers don't lock doors behind them but AR nuts do.

UPDATE [4:51 p.m.]: The Department of Natural Resources has identified the tiger’s owner as Feld Entertainment, Inc. The company reported the tiger missing from a shipment traveling from Florida to Tennessee.

“The truck had stopped in Georgia during the overnight hours, and during that stop the female Bengal tiger managed to escape unnoticed,” spokesman Mark McKinnon said in a news release. “Feld discovered that she was missing when the truck arrived at the destination.”

>>

http://www.ajc.com/news/traffic/breakin ... OjEXqjxQL/
Peacefulward

Postby Peacefulward » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:13 pm

Definitely sounds suspicious. How does a full grown tiger manage to escape unnoticed?

And with the Big Cat Public Safety Act ongoing, it definitely feels like a ruse to cause panic.

At the very least, it wasn't a pet tiger.
5 Dogs, 2 cats, 2 leopard geckos, 1 guinea pig, 1 axolotl, and a coatimundi currently in my family. :)

Exotic "wishlist": red fox, arctic fox, gray fox, bat eared fox, fennec fox, mink, muntjac deer, owl (any species).
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:28 pm

Exactly. Like you left the door open walked away and came back and closed it? Don't think so, unless an AR plant. Only way you drive off is if all doors are closed and someone had to have opened and then closed it for the tiger. You have to stop and feed and water along the way but just can't imagine how this would happen without malice.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:35 am

Looks more and more like AR foul play to me

[quote]Tiger was one of the Ringingly cats, which were being transported to Memphis TN to main FedEx terminal for export back home to Europe. These were the same cats the AR was trying to get the USFW permit for export home denied.

http://nypost.com/2017/09/06/tiger-kill ... essage_app[/quoye]
naja-naja

Postby naja-naja » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:02 pm

It was not an AR release. A non keeper made a mistake, and the animal paid with it's life.
Unfortunately, Alex was the last to find out what happened, and was (still is) heartbroken over it.
1.5 burmese pythons
0.1 indian pythons
0.1 boa constrictors
1.1 macklott's pythons
1.3 reticulated pythons
0.1 blue tegu

Return to “Large Exotic Cats”