PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Snow Leopards

Tiger, lion, cougar, leopard, anything cheetah size or larger

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Legend

Snow Leopards

Postby Legend » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:45 pm

Alright everyone, if anyone is a member of Exoticcatz they might have seen my post on this topic already. I'm just wondering if aynone can tell me any info in regards to them being kept in the private sector.

I really don't like to make a new post just asking for a handout, because I'm afraid it makes me come off as not doing research, but information is difficult to find. I emailed both Rexano and FCF(just because I couldn't find much info), and they both told me that although they are sneaky like regular leopards they are also regarded as being a little friendlier.

I know there are several members who have at least worked with Big Cats, perhaps they could offer any more information.

Thanks everyone.
ippyriddle

Re: Snow Leopards

Postby ippyriddle » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:55 pm

http://www.municode.com/Library/Library.aspx

I found all laws state and county wide on this website, it may take a little while to find exactly what your looking for but if it's a law in a state or county, you find the information on there. Most states have banned ownership of large cats and if you were to get one, you would need permits.

I myself sadly do not have any experience with large cats, sorry.
Legend

Postby Legend » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:18 pm

I appreciate the info, but I don't plan on getting one or anything. I know the laws in my area fairly well. I was just wondering about how well they do as captives. Thanks.
Splashstorm

Postby Splashstorm » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:12 pm

I emailed some people a while back about snow leopards as pets, and they said that snow leopards weren't exactly "friendly" and were a bit aloof but not as aggressive as lions/tigers. I'm not sure how much of that is true, because the sanctuary seemed a bit biased. They didn't really support exotic pet ownership, but then again they weren't out to ban everything.
Past Pets: Sea-monkeys, 7 Cottontail rabbits, a Wakin goldfish, 2 cats & a betta fish.
Wishlist: Malinois, Alaskan wolf, hyena, liger (& other big cats), Arabian horse, dolphin, & much more!

~RIP my Cottontail rabbit Brownie AUG 15 2011~
ImageImage
keepsmiling

Postby keepsmiling » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:46 am

Snow leopards...my most favorite cat.
Splashstorm

Postby Splashstorm » Wed May 15, 2013 7:20 pm

They are incredibly beautiful :) One of my favorite big cats.
Past Pets: Sea-monkeys, 7 Cottontail rabbits, a Wakin goldfish, 2 cats & a betta fish.
Wishlist: Malinois, Alaskan wolf, hyena, liger (& other big cats), Arabian horse, dolphin, & much more!

~RIP my Cottontail rabbit Brownie AUG 15 2011~
ImageImage

Return to “Large Exotic Cats”