ALERT:. PLEASE BE CAREFUL IF SOMEONE CALLS YOU AND CLAIMS TO BE FROM IRS, ELECTRIC COMPANY OR WHATEVER THEIR REASON MIGHT BE. LOOK AT THIS LINK FOR MORE INFORMATION:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14621

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041
with the holidays coming up, the return percentage is higher.

I'm wondering if this is real

Tiger, lion, cougar, leopard, anything cheetah size or larger

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

veralidaine

I'm wondering if this is real

Postby veralidaine » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:28 pm

So, I decided to take a leaf out of Lisa's book and contact people who post ads that look like scams, just to see if I can figure out if it's real or not.

There was an ad on a free Ottawa classifieds site that was for white lions and tiger cubs. I emailed them asking where in Ottawa they lived and wondering if I could visit their facility. I was sure it was a scam. I got this email back.

"Hello,
Good day and nice reading for your demand.Also thanks for the interest you have on our big cats as home pets. We are happy you are interested in our lovely cubs we are hobby breeders of exotic, we strive in producing high quality serval Kittens,savannah F1-F5 Kittens ,Lion cubs,tiger cubs,caracals and ocelot kittens of wonderful bloodlines.

We have the following below in stock :
4 Tiger Cubs
3 Lion Cubs
2 Caracal kittens.
2 ocelot kittens.
2 serval kittens.
3 F1 savannah kittens.
2 F2 and F2B black and silver savannahs and also the F5 savannahs and new litter babies caracal kittens are available too.

Our Cubs are priced individually based on genders/fertility

Female Tiger Cub:::::::::::::::::::::::::::2200$

Female Lion Cub::::::::::::::::::::::::::::2500$

Male Tiger Cub:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::1600$

Male Lion Cub::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::2000$

Male Savannah F1 TO F5 Kittens:::::::::::::1000$

Female Savannah F1 TO F5 Kittens:::::::::::1100$

Males Serval kitten::::::::::::::::::::::::1000$

male Caracal kitten::::::::::::::::::::::::1200$.

Female Caracal kitten::::::::::::::::::::::1300$.

Female Serval kitten::::::::::::::::::::::1300$.

Male Ocelot kitten:::::::::::::::::::::::::1400$.

Female Ocelot Kitten:::::::::::::::::::::::1500$.

Prices includes the following
*Neuter or spay of all pet kittens
*Micro chipping
*Age appropriate vaccines and worming
*Health certificate
*Lifetime support
*delivery charges to your home .
*Written sales contract from the ministry of wildlife from our names to your names and addresses
*written 2 years health guarantee from ministry.
*T.I.C.A registration
*Feline leukemia and F.I.V test
*Fecal test*Favorite toys and Accessories.

We invite you to know that our cat love cats furniture playing
trees collections. please if you want to be amazed Choose from a huge selection of cat trees, cat scratches, cat climbers, cat playgrounds, kitty condos and cat jungle gyms. Cat furniture is designed to allowed the cats to follow their natural instincts for scratching. They will give any and all cats and kittens enough place for playing, climbing, lounging and sleeping. These trees even stand up to tough, large and high energy breeds.

Our Cubs and kittens are now at their 16 weeks of age and are ready for their new forever homes.They will come alongside with their following documents which will permit you to own them without any problem in any country etc:

- A sales Contract certificate
- A Cities Permit Cover
- A 2 year Health Guarantee Certificate
- Veterinary record
- Transfer of ownership certificate,as well as their Pet Passports.

With the aid of these documents you will live with your Cubs everywhere in the country without any constrains.

you would also need to provide your details as formatted bellow
Your Complete Names..State....City...Postal Code...Home Address
Phone number (s) .........Fax Number....Nearest airport to your home....Country.

We will need this information to be sent by next e-mail so that we can prepare a sales contract which we shall send you a copy for you to sign before we proceed with the flight reservation for the cubs to you. We do arrange for the delivery of our cubs and kittens with International airline cargo companies like KLM ,British Airways,Air France ,DHL,UPS etc.

They do help us do doorstep deliveries for our customers who do not live near their home airports ,because they do have home pet delivery agents .

We do accept 45% upfront payment for paper works ,veterinary charges at the airport and flight reservation charges.
With all these , you can see for yourself that sending these Cubs to you will not be any problem,because they will be accompanied with all legal papers certified by the ministry of wildlife here .

Thanks for your understanding once again.
Cheers.
0023779718261"

Now, obviously they're not in Canada, and most likely not in the US (I'm going to guess somewhere in South America). I have to wonder though, if this is actually a scam. The email is so detailed, not to mention the fact that they COULD have asked for the whole payment beforehand but are only asking for 45%.

The whole TICA thing is probably only for the Savannahs, assuming Savannahs can be TICA registered, can they?

I must admit, I'm kind of convinced. What do you guys think?
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: I'm wondering if this is real

Postby TamanduaGirl » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:06 pm

ups doesn't deliver animals(other than crickets and reptiles maybe). I think the same for DHL I don't trust people that say things like "having animals in stock" breeders just don't talk that way.
trish_clare

Postby trish_clare » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:41 pm

I'm almost positive it's a scam. First is their poor language, second is the fact that their prices are WAY too low to be true. Unless you can actually go and see them in person, I don't suggest trusting them.
FoxAdorer817

Postby FoxAdorer817 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:55 pm

I only read through part of it, and skimmed the rest, but I'd definitely say it's a scam... For the points the other two people made, and it just looks like something they wrote out a while ago, and have been copy and pasting to anyone with an inquiry about Anything to them. Hence, they didn't answer your question, did they? They just sent you that. And it just seems like a good, convincing, general response to anyone I suppose... But yeah, and I'd say the 45% is there to trick you - if they get 45% of the money, that's still a lot more money they'd be getting than if they scared you off by saying they needed it in full the first time, right?
And a bunch of things just don't add up.
I hate how scams can be easy to believe though... It's happened to me a couple times where I'm like "There's no way this is legit...", then the second time, it manages to trick me "Maybe this Is real..."...and then I usually come to my senses or ask someone and they bring me to my senses for me. ;)
But yeah, scam. :/
Proud care-giver to a bunny, 5 Siberian dwarf hamsters, 2 chinchillas and currently a baby(chin). <3 :)
cat person
Banned
Banned

Postby cat person » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:19 pm

Hi All,

I am 99.9% sure it is a scam. First of all as TamanduGirl pointed out that mammals can NOT be shipped via the post office or UPS.

The second is F1 Savannah cats are 6,000 or more. If anyone finds an F1 female for $1100 I will buy six of them :mrgreen: . I bet Lasergrl will as well.

It is almost impossible to buy an Ocelot in the United States (unless you have Jillbills patience). Since it is an endangered species. So if anyone can get an Ocelot for $1400 to $1500 I would like a pair icon_biggin.gif .

Lasergrl I do really have a question for you. Can a person get an Ocelot in the USA?

Hope no one falls for that, but in general if the price seems to good to be true it normally is. Lastly this person does not give a phone number. That is another hint it is scam.

But veralidaine, yes Savannah's are T.I.C.A registered. Lastly are scams like this common in Canada? They sure are in the USA.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:40 pm

You can not own an ocelot without having the endangered species permit(USDI I believe is where that falls under).
veralidaine

Postby veralidaine » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:09 pm

They're only on really obscure classifieds sites that I'm pretty sure not a lot of people use. My thought about the prices (and also, the poor language) is if they're in South America, which I suspect they are, $1200 could be a heck of a lot of money for them.

To be honest, if I was seriously planning and saving up for a lion or tiger, I would probably put aside a little money for just in case I encountered a scam. I mean, I would still be very careful but better safe than sorry, right?
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:45 pm

I think you would have some major legal hurdles to import a tiger or lion. Especially tigers though since they are all CITES III.
Puppycrush15

Postby Puppycrush15 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:57 am

Yea, I see a lot of them all over the classifieds. This is one reply I got a while back when I wrote to see what was up:

Hello, thanks for your inquiry. I offer only the young well tamed
babies from my collection. I have 2 female,1 male baby cheetah cubs cubs(4 weeks old) at the moment. I also have black panther cubs,white siberian tiger cubs and jaguar cubs,cougar cubs,leopard cubs and lion cubs available too at this moment.
This is my price list for my baby cubs currently available.
White siberian tiger cubs- $1500 each
Lion cubs- $1500
Cheetah cubs- $1250
Jaguar and panther cubs- $1300
Cougar cubs- $1250

However, my cubs prices do not include delivery charges. Meanwhile, my
animals are all up to date on veterinary records and also very tamed
and the young cubs are very easy to handle and raise so i can fully
guarantee you what i deliver. However,i only sell the young cubs from
my collection in order that any buyer can easily handle their growth
as they would like.
Where are you located at? I do ship to main international airports and i
ship with all necessary shipping documents because i am legally
registered and a licensed exporter. My export license allows me to
deliver shipments to all of the Middle East,Europe and the USA.
Depending on the country, i could as well do deliveries for buyers
without import permit through a reliable pet shipping
company to take care of handling and clearance of your order upon
arrival at the destination airport that also provides door-to-door
hassle free services to deliver right to your home address. This way
saves you airport problems especially for buyers without an import
license but it costs extra.
Feel free to ask any more questions you may have.

my regards
--------------------
Aren't Cheetahs endangered too? Then why have I also seen a breeder who has pictures of Cheetah cubs on her website? Hmmmm, it's weird.

And thats a shame about Ocelots, they are beautiful creatures.
J SHACK

Postby J SHACK » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:06 am

HI EVERYONE
I HAVE BEEN READING ABOUT SCAMS.. ARE THERE WAY TO PROTECT YOUR SELF?? I JUST CAME ACROSS AND AD. ABOUT SOME OF THE MOST PERFECT BENGAL CATS I HAVE EVER SEEN!! THE ONLY THING THAT SCARES ME IS THAT NOW THAT I HAVE READ THIS POST ( THAT THERE ARE A LOT OF SCAMS IN CANADA ) THIS PERSON LIVES IN CANADA AND I LIVE IN USA THE PRICES SHE IS ASKING IS RIGHT AND SHE IS TELLING ME THE AIRPORT WAIR I CAN PICK UP THE KITTEN IT ALL SOUNDS RIGHT BUT KNOW I AM SCARED!! IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN PROTECT MY SELF??
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:13 pm

If in doubt, and you can't pick the kitten up in person, then I wouldn't risk it. There are plenty of bengal breeders here in the US that you could visit in person. They're pretty easy to find too. Just google "Bengal breeders" and most likely the majority of them will be in the US. Some may even be near to where you live.

Getting a bengal from out of the country also doesn't seem like the best idea--it seems like it would be a big hassle. There are plenty of people who breed quality bengals in the US, which would be a lot less expensive than importing one from out of country.

I hope you can get yourself a bengal! I've never had one, but from what I've heard they make really sweet pets.

Where do you live? I could help find you some breeders nearby if you're interested.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:45 pm

Even if real it's around $300 to ship plus going to be some extra importation fees since out of the country, rough guess $500-$700 total. If the savings on "perfect" Bengals you could pick up in person would cover those costs then it's probably a scam. Why sell "perfect" animals at such a big discount.

Return to “Large Exotic Cats”