PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Girl with teases/plays with wild cheetahs

Tiger, lion, cougar, leopard, anything cheetah size or larger

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

User avatar
trish_clare
Posts: 301
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:35 pm

Girl with teases/plays with wild cheetahs

Postby trish_clare » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:12 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLZ6FgYkYzQ

Wow, this just blew my mind.. The ending surprised me
User avatar
Neofelis
Posts: 436
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:14 pm

Re: Girl with teases/plays with wild cheetahs

Postby Neofelis » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:52 pm

Wow. Just wow. Wild cheetahs...! :shock: That is a.m.a.z.i.n.g. OMG! I can't believe it.
User avatar
Lasergrl
moderator
moderator
Posts: 1773
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:50 pm
Location: northeast, Ohio

Re: Girl with teases/plays with wild cheetahs

Postby Lasergrl » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:24 pm

I think its clear that she has been working with these cheetahs in that she has familiarized herself to them. I can get my serval to do that. Its her body language. Then when my posture returns to relaxed he settles down and gets lovey just like them.
User avatar
BB
Posts: 1419
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:09 am
Location: Darwin,Australia

Re: Girl with teases/plays with wild cheetahs

Postby BB » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:36 pm

I agree that she worked with them before, maybe not even wild...

What was the point of that exercise anyway????

And what happens if one day she'll make a crucial mistake and gets attacked, are they going to shoot the cheetahs????
User avatar
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant
Posts: 1660
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:11 am

Re: Girl with teases/plays with wild cheetahs

Postby sarajeku » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:54 pm

maybe not even wild..


I always thought cheetahs were mostly solitary. Why would they be in such a large group if they're not in captivity or in some sort of sanctuary?
If they're totally wild, why are there so many of them in one place?
Image
cat person
Banned
Banned
Posts: 479
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:15 pm

Re: Girl with teases/plays with wild cheetahs

Postby cat person » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:35 pm

Hi All,

Lasergrl wrote:I think its clear that she has been working with these cheetahs in that she has familiarized herself to them. I can get my serval to do that. Its her body language. Then when my posture returns to relaxed he settles down and gets lovey just like them.


I agree with that one hundred percent. I have been able to do that with the Bobcats, Lynx, Jungle Cat, and Jungle Cat hybrids I have worked with. Also my Savannah Loki I can get running around panting and then calm like Lasergrl says she can do with her Serval. Okay fairly calm for Loki :lol: .

BB wrote:I agree that she worked with them before, maybe not even wild...

What was the point of that exercise anyway????

And what happens if one day she'll make a crucial mistake and gets attacked, are they going to shoot the cheetahs????


I think the point of it is to exercise them both physically and mentally. I do not think they are wild cheetah either. I really hope they are not going to shoot them. Why do you think that anyway? Since they are so rare as well.

sarajeku wrote:I always thought cheetahs were mostly solitary. Why would they be in such a large group if they're not in captivity or in some sort of sanctuary?
If they're totally wild, why are there so many of them in one place?


Male Cheetah mainly brothers live together there whole life. They form what is called a collision. I agree that they are most likely in some form of captivity.
User avatar
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 7829
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:38 am
Location: Utah

Re: Girl with teases/plays with wild cheetahs

Postby Ash » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:02 pm

From what I've read cheetahs seem to be like mountain lions--more chill and not super aggressive.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
User avatar
BB
Posts: 1419
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:09 am
Location: Darwin,Australia

Re: Girl with teases/plays with wild cheetahs

Postby BB » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:30 am

It seems to be common practice that when a wild animal attacks a human in their natural environment they get shot being a "problem"animal. Load of crap, but it happens all the time, especially here with crocs, sharks or dingos.

Return to “Large Exotic Cats”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest