PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

"Mountain Lion Sighting"

Tiger, lion, cougar, leopard, anything cheetah size or larger

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Amy09

Re: "Mountain Lion Sighting"

Postby Amy09 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:56 am

I thought everyone knew what a collie looked like...I mean come on it's Lassie!

My misidentification story isn't species so much as gender...on some animals it's easy to confuse them, but most people know what they're looking at when the see a goat buck in all his awesome glory. My mom had a friend over at her farm yesterday and they were walking past the field where the buck (he's a full grown Boer for those that are interested) was grazing. She caught sight of his hind end and noted that "she looks a little full, you may want to milk her soon." Apparently she was trying to sound smart and impress my mom with her knowledge of goats and just ended up embarrassing herself when my mom started laughing and explained that that thing wasn't an udder.
Mommy to two dogs and three cats
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:37 pm

Oh yeah we got tons of people laughing at the goat's udders thinking they were big balls.
Michael

Postby Michael » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:54 am

A co worker of mine came up to me a few weeks ago and said she seen two cougars in a field. I never heard anymore about it from the news or locals. Also a few years ago we had sightings of a lion in the Columbus area. I was called by a few people asking if one of my cats was missing. I think people should investigate what they think they seen a little better before they start a panic. Paw prints in the mud will tell you what your dealing with. Big cats weigh enough to leave prints also they shed alot so you will find the signs. If its an escaped cat chances are they are scared and dont know how to hunt and just want to get home. People mistake coyotes for other animals all the time also mistake small deer for large cats.
Lionsniper

Postby Lionsniper » Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:08 pm

I can't speak re: Ohio, but there are alot of FL panthers in the Northeast/west part of the State where I live. Folks have seen black panthers and I researched this and they can throw black cubs. Melanism is prevelant in all creatures, they had photos of cubs born in the Everglades that were silver, not the traditional or more common mahogany color of which I have seen of panthers in my area. A friend and I are setting up cameras in a preserve to try and capture the panthers that live there on film. Plenty of black bear (on film) and some bobcat tracks but even as heavy as black bear are, rarely do you see pawprints, just feces and scrapings on tree. Panthers/cougars are elusive, if there is plenty of wild game and plenty of acreage, they are there. But there territory is 10 square miles, so we shall see! :bear:

Return to “Large Exotic Cats”