ALERT:. PLEASE BE CAREFUL IF SOMEONE CALLS YOU AND CLAIMS TO BE FROM IRS, ELECTRIC COMPANY OR WHATEVER THEIR REASON MIGHT BE. LOOK AT THIS LINK FOR MORE INFORMATION:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14621

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041
with the holidays coming up, the return percentage is higher.

My cougar (puma) Carmelo :-))

Tiger, lion, cougar, leopard, anything cheetah size or larger

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Chase
Banned
Banned

Re: My cougar (puma) Carmelo :-))

Postby Chase » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:38 pm

Beautiful big boy, I am so so jealous
Viltor

Postby Viltor » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:13 pm

Man... that would be amazing to have a cougar pet!!! Im under no delusions that I would be able to handle one well, but still! I wish I lived nearby and I could come see Carmelo.
egroegart

Postby egroegart » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:49 pm

Ash, He hasn't been on here in a while. He's a very good friend of Michelle and I.

Carmello passed away not too long ago. It has been really hard and a terrible loss for amberthebobcat.

Carmello was like no cougar I have ever met. Such a gentle soul. Everytime I was with Carmello I was just in awe. I'll never forget the first time he licked my head and about tore my scalp off. lmao. He loved to lick your head, but that tongue was like 80 grit sand paper. But you just let them do it because that's how they show you love, and it was awesome. Carmello is missed by a lot of people who loved him.

Ash, he had a really nice large enclosure, he had room to run and play. He was in with a female. I think for a couple years at least, but they never had any cubs. I think she is really lost without him.

Splashstorm, I don't know exactly how much it costs annually to keep a cougar, but the food can get quite costly unless you have a good connection to grocery stores that will donate their out of date meats, or a chicken farm or something like that. Vet bills, maintenance on the enclosure, vitamins and supplements..........Not exactly sure on that.

Yes, cougars can play very rough. Carmello would never hurt someone on purpose, but just in playing he could have easily hurt someone. His paws were much bigger than my hands. Just massive.

Please keep Amberthebobcat in your thoughts and prayers. He has his beautiful bobcats to brighten his day and he comes to visit us and Benji too. But losing Carmello has been very hard for him.
codycatz

Postby codycatz » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:39 am

Well said.

I had the awesome priviledge to have met Carmelo and he looked wonderful and happy. I know he could not have been loved more and will be missed by all who have followed his growing up and sadly his passing.
Splashstorm

Postby Splashstorm » Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:57 am

That's so sad that he passed away. :( My deepest condolences go out to you.
Past Pets: Sea-monkeys, 7 Cottontail rabbits, a Wakin goldfish, 2 cats & a betta fish.
Wishlist: Malinois, Alaskan wolf, hyena, liger (& other big cats), Arabian horse, dolphin, & much more!

~RIP my Cottontail rabbit Brownie AUG 15 2011~
ImageImage

Return to “Large Exotic Cats”