PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

serval x f1 savannah mating

Bengal, Savannah, and Chausie, all Hybrids of domestic cats with exotic/wild cat species

Moderator: Ash

macmanmatty

serval x f1 savannah mating

Postby macmanmatty » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:58 pm

Hello as you may or may not know I was planning on breeding my f1 to a serval. Well over 3 weeks ago I took my f1 to my breeder friend who breeds servals amongst other exotic felines. She slowly introduced them for a couple of days and they have been together for about 3 weeks now. She says she is still in heat and getting along fine with her serval stud although she has not seen them mate although the some of furniture gets moved every night. I think they are breeding night but if she has mated for this long would she not be out of heat by now and rejecting the male? She likes him and he chases her around the sniffs her. Are there any good signs that she may have mated other than going out heat? Also the breeder of my f1 said that she may act like she is in heat but not really is in heat. Does this happen with a lot of f1s after mating (they go into false heat)? Also do f1's and servals mainly breed at night when they most active?
Delight

Re: serval x f1 savannah mating

Postby Delight » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:19 pm

I don't think there's anyway to say for sure if she's bred or not. Typically heats will last until a fertile egg has actually implanted in the uterus. Has said serval bred before? I know many people who have servals together never to produce any offspring. Pure exotic cats are PICKY breeders, some will do it; some won't it's not quite as easy putting male and female together and expecting kittens, as it is with domestics or later generations hybrids. I think basically you just have to wait it out and see what happens after she comes out of heat. I always check the back of the neck for bite marks too, as even with domestics & bengals males will usually leave atleast a few scratches/bite marks on the back of the neck from holding the female while breeding. I am very excited to see what happens with this though! I hope she successfully breeds for you and you get some 75% hybrids; that would be awesome! We have our female bengal girl Toni in with a male geoffroys cat we got last year (Toni's in heat ATM) male geoff doesn't seem to be showing too much interest, but we'll see if anything happens with that! I hope you got the e-mail I sent you about Misha and Delight, both are doing good - still no kittens though; I think at this point it's safe to assume they likely won't produce together :-(
macmanmatty

Re: serval x f1 savannah mating

Postby macmanmatty » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:57 pm

Thanks for the reply. I did get the email. What ever happened to the female f1 bengals? Also I have a few more questions about my f1 mating. She is now out of heat and has been for over a month now. Based on what the stud owner told me about when she was in and out of heat. I'm gusssing her to be 6-7 weeks along. She is still the same however no change in appearance; but she can't look at her nipples because she is to aggressive towards her. Is there any easy to do this on a cat who swats at you when try to look under there? Also she is not eating much more than usual is this common with larger cats especially if they are carrying a small litter? My f1 is 18 lbs.

Thanks

Jesse

Return to “Hybrids of Domestic/Exotic cats”