PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

monogamous stud cat?

Bengal, Savannah, and Chausie, all Hybrids of domestic cats with exotic/wild cat species

Moderator: Ash

macmanmatty

monogamous stud cat?

Postby macmanmatty » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:04 am

Hello I was just wondering if male savannah cats can be monogamous? I have a male who will only mate one female (a f2 jungle cat hybrid) and go out of his way to mate her at all times when ever he can. So they are only together when I want kittens from them and I feel that the queen is ready to breed. But ifm I leave both doors to there separate enclosures open he will run for her and grab the back of her neck first thing. Then I put him back and close the doors before they mate. But he does this to no other female cat. In fact he hisses at most of them. I have tried him with 3 other females and no go. Also a stray female in heat came by his outdoor enclosure and he hissed at her. We later that week found the stray female dead on the road before we could catch and fix her.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: monogamous stud cat?

Postby Ash » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:23 pm

Strange. Sometimes I think exotics can just be picky. I read about a binturong that would only try to breed his sister--no other females. They finally found what they thought to be an unrelated female that he bred, but then when they checked the records it turned out to be a sister from a different litter. :shrug: Picky, picky. lol
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas

Return to “Hybrids of Domestic/Exotic cats”