PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

F1 Bengal Queen

Bengal, Savannah, and Chausie, all Hybrids of domestic cats with exotic/wild cat species

Moderator: Ash

Sephoracat

F1 Bengal Queen

Postby Sephoracat » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:52 pm

I picked up my first F1 bengal hybrid last night. I already have an F2 male(fixed). I have the to say the Early generation bengals are completely different ball game compared to their later generation relatives. One reason I love them! My new girl Maleficent is not a kitten so she will a little harder to handle and bond with. She has done very well so far. She came right out of her crate into her room and explored around last night. I will try to get pics once she is more comfortable. She was in with a male so I may be expecting kittens shortly which will be pulled at 3-4 weeks and bottle fed. Hopefully everything goes smoothly. She has had a litter in the past and did well but each litter can be different. Finger crossed for Maleficent in the coming weeks. <3
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: F1 Bengal Queen

Postby Ash » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:35 pm

That's exciting. :) I really hope you get some little kittens! And I think her name is beautiful, but I like Disney movies, so... lol. ;)

How is an F1 different from the later generations? Is she more wild and aloof?
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula
Sephoracat

Postby Sephoracat » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:02 pm

I am super excited! I love her name too. She was named when I got her. :)
She is a first generation cross with a Asian Leopard cat. Her sire was a Asian leopard cat her dam a Sbt bengal. Once a bengal is at least 4 generations away from the original cross it is considered SBT(Stud book tradition) and is considered domestic and no longer a hybrid. The early generation cats can be more aloof and timid especially with strangers. They are more "hissy" too. All talk of course. They can bond strongly to their owner and make amazing pets. Some can be out going but it just depends. They have to be hand raised so they human imprint. The later generation cats are just like any other domestic besides a little more energy and spunk.
My girl is pretty timid and shy but she allows me to come in and sit. With her being older it will take awhile for her to trust me fully. I feed her a raw diet which she prefers too. I recommend a raw diet for all cats though. :P
Sephoracat

Postby Sephoracat » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:25 pm

Here is a pic of her. :) One more week before her sue date!
Attachments
IMG_0559.JPG
IMG_0559.JPG (16.35 KiB) Viewed 1624 times
BlueBaby1023

Postby BlueBaby1023 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:30 pm

She's beautiful! And I love her name. Good luck with the kittens. :)
4 Fancy Rats
2 American Guinea Pigs
1 Holland Lop Rabbit
1 Rex Rabbit
2 Ferrets
1 Lutino Cockatiel
5 Mixed Breed Cats
1 PitxLab
1 Great Pyr
1 Greyhound
2 Great PyrxAnatolian Shepherds
2 Red Foxes
5 Goats
~100 chickens, ducks, and turkeys
Sephoracat

Postby Sephoracat » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:59 pm

Thank you! :) I will try to up-date once she has them.

Return to “Hybrids of Domestic/Exotic cats”