PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Getting an f2 Jungle Cat hybrid . . . any advice?

Bengal, Savannah, and Chausie, all Hybrids of domestic cats with exotic/wild cat species

Moderator: Ash

Saskia

Getting an f2 Jungle Cat hybrid . . . any advice?

Postby Saskia » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:54 am

Hi Guys,

This is my first post here. I spoke with a breeder today, and soon I will be bringing home a new addition to my family: a female f2 Jungle Cat hybrid! She is from a beatiful f1 Jungle Cat hybrid mother (not sure what the entire domestic part of her is, but there was some Bengal in there somewhere), and a Maine Coon/Bengal mix father. Both parents are gorgeous.

I have always been cat owner, but this will be my first wild cat hybrid. I decided to go for it due to the extreme intelligence and loyalty of these cats. The exotic looks and size are just a plus. I am also really looking forward to having a cat who likes water!

So, are there any jungle cat owners out there? What am I in for? Any stories or advice? I'm so excited!
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Getting an f2 Jungle Cat hybrid . . . any advice?

Postby Ash » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:50 pm

Congratulations on adopting your new baby. When you bring your new baby home, I'd love to see pics of her as she grows. I know we have other members here with hybrids, but they don't post regularly anymore, sadly. Hopefully if you start showing pics of your baby, some of them will hop back on for advice and to show off their babies too. ;)

Welcome to the board!
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula
Neofelis

Postby Neofelis » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:45 am

Congrats on the new (almost) addition! Jungle cat hybrids can be great, from what I've heard, but be prepared to deal with a cat that might be a little more standoffish than most. Hybrids in general tend to be less "cuddly" but high percent savannahs, safaris, and even bengals tend to be more touchable than high percent JCs. However, since your baby will be only 25%, that may no longer be a concern. They seem to mellow down considerably with each generation. You must be so excited, be sure to post pictures!
kermisracer

Postby kermisracer » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:28 pm

Hard to say. F2s can be all over the place: from pretty much like a domestic cat to completely frustrating for the average pet owners. Ask yourself this: could you live with 80-90% litter box reliability and a cat that might be standoffish to (situationally) somewhat hostile toward certain family members? Do you have access to a fearless vet? I happily live with high percent F1s, but it's not all plain sailing. One of mine, for example, has turned a pretty nice leather couch into a $400 litter box. I don't much care, but if you like having "nice" things it's worth thinking about before bringing home the cat.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:04 pm

Thank you kermisracer. I had heard similar things but really don't know that much about them so was hoping someone with high content experience would speak up. Saskia did seem concerned about these issues in the other thread.

Return to “Hybrids of Domestic/Exotic cats”