PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Rescue F1 Savannah

Bengal, Savannah, and Chausie, all Hybrids of domestic cats with exotic/wild cat species

Moderator: Ash

Havoc&Stark

Rescue F1 Savannah

Postby Havoc&Stark » Tue May 17, 2016 2:35 pm

Yesterday I adopted an F1 Savannah Cat. His family was no longer able to care for him. I was wondering if anyone had any tips on socializing him. He is friendly(ish) considering the stress he has been under over the last 24 hours. He will growl and hiss but he doesn't bite, just protests. But as he settles in I would like to work on his socialization with new people, places, and things. Any tips? His previous owner had him on Zupreme Feline with some raw a few times a week. Any thoughts on this diet? Thanks!
Proud mommy to 1 Fox, 2 Standard Poodles, 1 Aussie, 2 Leopard Gecko, 1 White's Tree Frog, 1 Pygmy Goat, 1 F1 Savannah Cat
Ana

Re: Rescue F1 Savannah

Postby Ana » Tue May 17, 2016 7:21 pm

Diet sounds okay. Cats are infinitely curious, and one of the tricks I use with feral cats is to do weird stuff by myself in their personal space. Starting out with yarn, string, pungent toys, things that cats are really compelled to come and check out. Again, you are in their space, but not particularly acknowledging them, or asking anything of them. When they come to investigate, anyways be very open, gentle, quiet, friendly. Once the cat isn't dangerous anymore, I'll prepare their food in their personal space, dicing meats in their space. When they come over to investigate, offer up little tidbits. Also throughout the day say his name and seek him out with treats, so that he comes to associate you, and being called by you, as being awesome things. With cats who are extremely uneasy, it can benefit to sleep in their personal space as well. Once he knows and understand that you are a safe haven for him, introducing him to new situations will be so much easier! <3

Return to “Hybrids of Domestic/Exotic cats”