PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

My Nonstandard Savannah

Bengal, Savannah, and Chausie, all Hybrids of domestic cats with exotic/wild cat species

Moderator: Ash

Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: My Nonstandard F3 Savannah

Postby Ash » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:51 am

Thanks Catperson! I'm not thinking about getting one anytime soon, and I may never will, but I agree. It's always best to start with something "simpler." :)
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:42 pm

Well since I've already been posting about him in here. Jake playing in the snow today.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tamanduagirl/5203285218/
Taken with my dad's camera so not as good as normal.
cat person
Banned
Banned

Postby cat person » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:57 pm

Hi Ash,

Yes he is "simpler" :lol: , well compared to a serval. But he is nothing like a domestic that is for sure.

Hi TamanduaGirl,

Thank you for all the information on Jake. I also love the photo of him playing in the snow. How old is he? He looks like he still can/does act like a kitten.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:34 pm

He's about a year, just a bit over. We found him end of Nov last year and he was guessed at about 3 months. Yeah he still acts very kitten like.
trish_clare

Postby trish_clare » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:39 am

This cat is beautiful! I would love to see more photos. I think I will be getting an F2 savannah sometime in my future. I would really like a serval but would like to get married before I work on that.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:26 pm

cat person wrote:when he gets excited he arches the hair on his back and puffs up his tail. But he is purring at the same time

When Jake came in from playing in the snow to see if we had anything good for breakfast his tail was all puffed up but the rest of his fur was normal. I really can't seem to remember if he puffed his tail more as a kitten like when playing or not.
cat person
Banned
Banned

Postby cat person » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:28 pm

Hi Trish_Clare,

trish_clare wrote:I would really like a serval but would like to get married before I work on that.

Yes it tends to be hard to find a husband when you have a wild cat. It seems hard to find a husband when you have domestic cats and F3 Savannah.

trish_clare wrote: think I will be getting an F2 savannah sometime in my future.

If my F3 is anything to go by I would say good luck. My home is sure sounding different :mrgreen: . He is loves playing with stuff :lol:. Like closet doors, anything that moves and such.

trish_clare wrote:I would love to see more photos.

Here you go:
On his bed laying down still wow.
In a shelf :mrgreen:.
Just like the first photo when I got him a week ago. Let me know what you think. I think he looks different do you?
trish_clare

Postby trish_clare » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:35 pm

He still has the same cute face.. Just looks bigger! icon-smile
cat person
Banned
Banned

Postby cat person » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:18 pm

Hi Trish_Claire,

He is getting huge in just the past two weeks. Here are two more photo's showing my ugly bathroom and Loki's pretty ears and spots. Yes his name is Loki. Unless you or anyone else has a better idea. Thank you very much for the kind comments as well :mrgreen: .

FoxAdorer817

Re: My Nonstandard Savannah

Postby FoxAdorer817 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:03 pm

He is beautiful! icon_biggin.gif And I love the name Loki. icon-smile
Proud care-giver to a bunny, 5 Siberian dwarf hamsters, 2 chinchillas and currently a baby(chin). <3 :)
cat person
Banned
Banned

Postby cat person » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:31 pm

Hi FoxAdorer817,

Thank you very much for the kind complements on my boy and his name. He has only been here two weeks but living with him has been quite an experience.

He is growing like a weed and running like a cheetah/horse. Cheetah due to his speed and horse cause he is NOT light on his feet. I can hear him running clear across the house. But when he walks he is SILENT. So it is amazing the difference in noise level.

Also whenever I bend over he jumps right on my back :roll: :mrgreen: . I do not even hear him coming when he does that. But suddenly I feel a body on me and LOUD purring in my ear. Then licks and nibbles on my ear.

So that's just a snippet of what he is like to live with. If you want more details let me know :mrgreen: .

Hi Lasergrl,

He seems to have doubled his length and grew tall wise a few inches in just two weeks. Is that normal? He does not seem to be gaining much weight despite his huge growth spurt. Is that normal? I am feeding him "unlimited" dry food. The brand the breeder raised him on. Its called Life's Abundance. None of my other cats like it but he sure does. He is eating three bowels a day. Is it normal for a Savannah cat to eat so much? I know he is a kitten but he eats like crazy.

Thank you in advance for your time and help :mrgreen: .
Lasergrl

Postby Lasergrl » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:59 pm

Hmm, It has been so long since I had a litter but they usually are quite big and rapid growers. My coworkers used to call one male kitten I had the linebacker as he was so big. With kittens they can eat as much as they want and as long as they arent getting fat its no big deal. Sounds like an ok food from what i recall.
cat person
Banned
Banned

Postby cat person » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:12 pm

Hi Lasergrl,

I am sorry it has been so long since you had a litter. Thank you for all the information. The food that he is used to eating that Nature's Promise is NOT all that well made if you ask me. I would say it is okay at best. If you want I will post the ingredients tomorrow. But that is what he is used to eating.

Thank you for the information on his growth. Since at four months and a few days old he is already as big as some of my adult cats. Tall and length wise. He sure is NOT fat. Since he is growing on it I am going to wait another week before transitioning him onto another food.

What food do you recommend? I was thinking Eukanuba or Iams. This cat will eat ANYTHING. He tries to eat the other cats food and human food. He has even tried to eat canned dog food that wild raccoons will not eat. But I do not want to upset his stomach so how should I transition him onto another food? This week I am transitioning him onto my local water from bottled water and so far so good. But I do not want to change his diet until I am sure he is okay with the water transition. When I say okay I mean stomach/bowel wise.

Thanks and sorry for all the questions.
Lasergrl

Postby Lasergrl » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:25 pm

I am really liking taste of the wild food. I have it out for my serval and he does well on it. Alot of animals that dont digest other things well, will be quite normal on it.
cat person
Banned
Banned

Postby cat person » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:38 pm

Thank you so much. This one so far seems to have a normal stomach. I just do not want to upset it. Now is there a way to buy Taste of the Wild in bulk? Since he eats more then my adult domestics almost.

Also how long will he REALLY grow for? I have been told a year or two. Is that really true? If so I am a tad worried he maybe huge. I can say a Savannah's personality is big enough. I would like the physical body to be manageable.

Thank you :piggy:

Return to “Hybrids of Domestic/Exotic cats”