ALERT:. PLEASE BE CAREFUL IF SOMEONE CALLS YOU AND CLAIMS TO BE FROM IRS, ELECTRIC COMPANY OR WHATEVER THEIR REASON MIGHT BE. LOOK AT THIS LINK FOR MORE INFORMATION:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14621

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041
with the holidays coming up, the return percentage is higher.

My Nonstandard Savannah

Bengal, Savannah, and Chausie, all Hybrids of domestic cats with exotic/wild cat species

Moderator: Ash

User avatar
codycatz
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:16 pm
Location: Clermont, NY

Re: My Nonstandard Savannah

Postby codycatz » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:35 pm

LOVE Loki!!!

You do know you were adding fuel to the fire by naming a savannah "Loki". icon-smile God's of mischief will be just that icon_biggin.gif

My 5 Savannahs do vary in destructiveness. Kykuyu is a sweet boy and so far does not spray. Fedha at one is too young for that bit but both my older guys SPRAY!!! Clean-up is constant ( buy stock in Nature's Miracle) :roll:

All my cats can go out and come in at will and that has cut down on the destruction. When they can't get out they will go haywire. So I can eat or cook or entertain in peace I do have a screened in room in the basement for them..also gives me a mental health moment. Best thing I did was to double screen in my deck which is great for all of us....dog included.

First thing jumbe did in my new home was to leap onto the ceiling fan when it was on and made it all wonky....gives you an idea of life with Savannahs.
User avatar
egroegart
Posts: 440
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:32 pm

Re: My Nonstandard Savannah

Postby egroegart » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:47 pm

Ha ha, that last one about the ceiling fan just made me lmao. I can just see him doing that.
User avatar
codycatz
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:16 pm
Location: Clermont, NY

Re: My Nonstandard Savannah

Postby codycatz » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:56 pm

When I think back on all they have done it makes want to lie down and take a nap :roll:
User avatar
Neofelis
Posts: 436
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:14 pm

Re: My Nonstandard Savannah

Postby Neofelis » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:33 pm

He's sooo pretty!!! :mrgreen: Love his color. I think we're going to have to make Loki pictures a regular thing! :kitty
cat person
Banned
Banned
Posts: 479
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:15 pm

Re: My Nonstandard Savannah

Postby cat person » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:58 pm

codycatz wrote:LOVE Loki!!!


Would you like Loki :lol: . Nah, he is not for adoption. But, he is a handful.

codycatz wrote:You do know you were adding fuel to the fire by naming a savannah "Loki". icon-smile God's of mischief will be just that icon_biggin.gif


Loki, actually, "named himself". I have always, had a hard time naming my pets. But, he was so destructive, that was, the most fitting name, I could come up with. His original name, was going to be, "sweet pea". As, he is just the sweetest, nicest, most nonaggression, cat I have ever encountered. But, his propensity for destruction, is just, well, frightening :roll: .

codycatz wrote:My 5 Savannahs do vary in destructiveness. Kykuyu is a sweet boy and so far does not spray. Fedha at one is too young for that bit but both my older guys SPRAY!!! Clean-up is constant ( buy stock in Nature's Miracle) :roll:


If, he sprays, the "cat safe" room, he goes in, when, I am at work, will be, the ONLY ROOM, he has access to. I told him, the night, I picked him up, I will take anything you can throw at me. Just, make sure, you use the litter box. So far, at, a year and eight months old, and a year and three months in my care, he has "understood" the speech. Though, I wish, I did not say ANYTHING, since, he seems to have, done, just that.


codycatz wrote:All my cats can go out and come in at will and that has cut down on the destruction. When they can't get out they will go haywire.


I wish, I lived, in a rural area, so, I could do that. But, sadly, I can't. Plus, I was told, he would roam too far, for that. Truthfully, I agree. While, he is sweet and loving, road sense, the sense to return, in him, seems to be missing. Though, I have NO DOUBT, he would love to go outside, like, two of the three domestics, do.

codycatz wrote:So I can eat or cook or entertain in peace I do have a screened in room in the basement for them..also gives me a mental health moment. Best thing I did was to double screen in my deck which is great for all of us....dog included.


Same with me, minus, the fact, it is my extra bedroom. Now, it is, the "cat safe" room :shock:

codycatz wrote:First thing jumbe did in my new home was to leap onto the ceiling fan when it was on and made it all wonky....gives you an idea of life with Savannahs.


Loki, is always, on my ceiling fan. Yes, they are off, at the time. But, if, he was as large, as your Jumbe. I am sure, he would have, made my ceiling fans, wonky. Another reason, I am glad, he is not so big.

codycatz wrote:When I think back on all they have done it makes want to lie down and take a nap :roll:


I am glad, I am not the only one, with that issue. Do, they ever, "calm down"? Mine, is only, marginally calmer.

vln_girl wrote:He's sooo pretty!!! :mrgreen: Love his color. I think we're going to have to make Loki pictures a regular thing! :kitty


I will post more soon. Just remember, to comment, since, I feel like, I am boring people.


Image
User avatar
codycatz
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:16 pm
Location: Clermont, NY

Re: My Nonstandard Savannah

Postby codycatz » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:03 pm

PLEASE more photos and stories about Loki!!
cat person
Banned
Banned
Posts: 479
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:15 pm

Re: My Nonstandard Savannah

Postby cat person » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:42 am

codycatz wrote:PLEASE more photos and stories about Loki!!


Well, since, you asked, I am showing two more :mrgreen: .

Image
I was trying to make my bed. As, you can see, Loki, had other ideas.

Image
What used to be my craft room/extra bedroom. Now, the "cat safe" room




Image
User avatar
Neofelis
Posts: 436
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:14 pm

Re: My Nonstandard Savannah

Postby Neofelis » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:19 pm

Yay!! Pretty boy! :mrgreen:
User avatar
codycatz
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:16 pm
Location: Clermont, NY

Re: My Nonstandard Savannah

Postby codycatz » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:00 pm

SWEEET!
User avatar
Brandy-Neka
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:10 pm
Location: South Dakota

Re: My Nonstandard Savannah

Postby Brandy-Neka » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:46 pm

Haha, this is great. It was really easy to find you on here Cat Person, and it's interesting to see your first days with your savannah reading back. Now I don't feel so bad about all the questions I asked when I first got mine lol. I love the Loki pictures there needs to be more icon-smile
"In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats."
"Dogs believe they are human. Cats believe they are God."
"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."
cat person
Banned
Banned
Posts: 479
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:15 pm

Re: My Nonstandard Savannah

Postby cat person » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:27 pm

codycatz wrote:SWEEET!


Yes, Loki, is a very sweet and tame cat.

vln_girl wrote:Yay!! Pretty boy! :mrgreen:


Glad, you like seeing him. I wish, you, could experience, living with him :lol: . Then, you might, use, another, P word :lol: .

Brandy-Neka wrote:Haha, this is great. It was really easy to find you on here


Yep, I do not, "hide" well :lol: .

Brandy-Neka wrote:Cat Person, and it's interesting to see your first days with your savannah reading back.


Yes, it is, interesting. Loki, still, makes me question, a lot of things, still. Most, of all, my, sanity icon_biggin.gif .

Brandy-Neka wrote: Now I don't feel so bad about all the questions I asked when I first got mine lol. I love the Loki pictures there needs to be more icon-smile


I hope, I never, made you feel bad, for, asking questions, about Neka. If, I did, that was not my intention, at all.



Image
Loki, "spying".




Image
User avatar
Brandy-Neka
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:10 pm
Location: South Dakota

Re: My Nonstandard Savannah

Postby Brandy-Neka » Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:22 am

Ohhh I like Loki spying icon-smile

Cat Person you never made me feel bad about asking questions... a few other people on that site did, but never you. You were always very encouraging and helpful =))
"In a cat's eye, all things belong to cats."
"Dogs believe they are human. Cats believe they are God."
"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life - music and cats."
cat person
Banned
Banned
Posts: 479
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:15 pm

Re: My Nonstandard Savannah

Postby cat person » Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:12 pm

Image
Loki and Panda, from, a few months ago. You can see, how much, larger, he is. I think, they, make a cute couple.












Image
User avatar
codycatz
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:16 pm
Location: Clermont, NY

Re: My Nonstandard Savannah

Postby codycatz » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:27 pm

Is a nip on the neck by Loki happening there? icon-smile

Return to “Hybrids of Domestic/Exotic cats”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest