please read this regarding toxic dog foods: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=14637

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041
with the holidays coming up, the return percentage is higher.

Question?

Bengal, Savannah, and Chausie, all Hybrids of domestic cats with exotic/wild cat species

Moderators: Ash, hecate

Delight

Question?

Postby Delight » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:29 pm

I have a question, I am guessing probably Lasergirl can answer this and it may sound a little daft of me but....

Is the marbling coat pattern seen in bengals a dominant or ressesive gene trait? I know in my past female bengal who escaped while in heat and bred to a stray - she had marbled kittens and she was a marble herself. But I also know breeders who have gotten marbled kittens from spotted parents, so I am just curious about this as I personally have never bred for marbles - but from what I've seen it looks to be a ressesive?

Thanks in advance for any info.
macmanmatty

Re: Question?

Postby macmanmatty » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:59 am

Hello The marbled trait is recessive to all of patterns in cats. mackerel, and ticked. In domestic cats this called classic tabby Actually most spotted bengal cats have the marble gene But they also carry the spotted modifier that breaks it up into spots along with various genes from the ALC that are not very well understood that creates the horozontal flow and other weird patterns seen the bengal. A marble bengal is one where the pattern is not broken up into spots and they are all connected into one pattern.

Let me know if you need anymore explaining
Delight

Re: Question?

Postby Delight » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:03 pm

Thank you Jesse! I thought it was ressesive but I was unsure. I personally really like the spotted bengals more so than the marbled but I am getting a marbled female here withen the next month so I thought i would ask about this pattern just to be sure.

Return to “Hybrids of Domestic/Exotic cats”