PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Kitten Finky eating habits

Bengal, Savannah, and Chausie, all Hybrids of domestic cats with exotic/wild cat species

Moderator: Ash

macmanmatty

Kitten Finky eating habits

Postby macmanmatty » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:36 am

Hello, I have two 6.5 week old bengal kittens Who Will eat nothing but raw ground up chicken with the bone in. I have tried everything from dry taste of the wild, wet taste of the wild ,other various canned wet cat foods, and cheap dry food but all will eat is ground up meat. Now this is fine for me as I am willing to grind up chicken for my cats; But these are for sale and will be going to new homes and some people may not be willing to grind up chicken for them but can still give them a good home. My Question is how do I get them to like other foods? I tried not giving them chicken and leavings lots of the other food out but that only lasted a day and half when I noticed there weight was slightly going down. They still drink mommas milk, but i would like them to eat something other than ground chicken or other meats (yes they will eat hamburger although i did not give them alot just a taste).

Thanks

Jesse
BB

Re: Kitten Finky eating habits

Postby BB » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:03 pm

I'm only new to cats, so I actually don't know if it works, but if there is nothing else on offer, won't they have to eat what's there when they are hungry?
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:58 pm

You have to be careful with cats because not eating can hurt their livers.

I would try mixing some of the food they do like with some kibble and try to switch them over that way.
BB

Postby BB » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:19 am

Great tip!
Lasergrl

Postby Lasergrl » Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:47 am

I was able to get my geoffroys cat to take some dry food by mixing in the raw. It took a LONG time but she will now nibble it when hungry between meals.
I have a new puppy I'm having similar issues with. Breeder had her on raw and she doesn't know how to take the kibble. I have no problem with raw but she is always licking my two year old so it is a pathogen issue.
macmanmatty

Postby macmanmatty » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:36 pm

Thanks for all the replies

I will try mixing there foods together to introduce them to other foods.

Thanks

Jesse

Return to “Hybrids of Domestic/Exotic cats”