PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Loki Clan Wolf Refuge (ME/NH Border)

For all topics on wolves

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Mr.Winchester

Loki Clan Wolf Refuge (ME/NH Border)

Postby Mr.Winchester » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:49 pm

My boyfriend just found this amazing wolf sanctuary called the Loki Clan, and it's only about an hour away from us! :happyfox: I plan to donate and visit soon, maybe after college dedicate my life to it, you know...anyway, thought I'd share with you guys, see if anyone else has been there before.

http://lokiclan.org

There's also this article that gives you a better feel of the place than the website in my opinion:
http://www.csmonitor.com/2007/0131/p13s01-lign.html/(page)/1

Splashstorm

Re: Loki Clan Wolf Refuge (ME/NH Border)

Postby Splashstorm » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:14 pm

Wow, seems like a cool place!
Past Pets: Sea-monkeys, 7 Cottontail rabbits, a Wakin goldfish, 2 cats & a betta fish.
Wishlist: Malinois, Alaskan wolf, hyena, liger (& other big cats), Arabian horse, dolphin, & much more!

~RIP my Cottontail rabbit Brownie AUG 15 2011~
ImageImage
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:41 pm

Seems interesting.

And he seems like a good man with the right intentions and his heart in the right place,bu I don't like how he seems to look down upon wolfdogs and wolves as pets. I understand that since he's a resuce, he's seen a lot of bad stuff,but there are good owners out there as well that are responisble.
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule
Splashstorm

Postby Splashstorm » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:13 pm

I hate when sanctuaries do that.
Past Pets: Sea-monkeys, 7 Cottontail rabbits, a Wakin goldfish, 2 cats & a betta fish.
Wishlist: Malinois, Alaskan wolf, hyena, liger (& other big cats), Arabian horse, dolphin, & much more!

~RIP my Cottontail rabbit Brownie AUG 15 2011~
ImageImage
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Postby sarajeku » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:15 am

....I adopted mine from a refuge. :roll:
prk22

Postby prk22 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:53 am

I actually spent some time working here two years ago. He cares DEEPLY for these animals, and though reading this posted article it could be argued he has a skewed opinion of the animals' owners and their general existence...that is not so in real life.

He's definitely someone to support and praise for the work he does. His facility (though I don't remember it being open to the public fully) is AMAZING. He has a great sense of education rolling through the New England communities...and a great reference for all the wolfdogs that are confiscated from illegal ownership.

I forgot all about this place...but it was a great smile reflecting on memories from years past. Thank you for posting...and if it is open to the public, certainly go!
~Pätrick

Return to “Wolves”