PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET.. https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041 FREE TO USE .. YOU WILL GET $25.00 TO START)

please check for dog food and treat recalls: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=14662

Do you need a license to own a wolf dog in PA?

For all topics on wolves

Moderators: Ash, hecate, TamanduaGirl

User avatar
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:11 pm

Do you need a license to own a wolf dog in PA?

Postby Geostygma » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:42 pm

Just looking into this and i was wondering if anyone knew if you needed a permit to own a wolf dog in Pennsylvania
User avatar
Posts: 1664
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:11 am

Re: Do you need a license to own a wolf dog in PA?

Postby sarajeku » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:47 pm

This is what the law says:

"Exotic wildlife." The phrase includes, but is not limited to, all bears, coyotes, lions, tigers, leopards, jaguars, cheetahs, cougars, wolves and any crossbreed of these animals which have similar characteristics in appearance or features. The definition is applicable whether or not the birds or animals were bred or reared in captivity or imported from another state or nation.

So yes. If the content is high enough that it actually looks like a wolf.
User avatar
Posts: 563
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:33 am
Location: virginia

Re: Do you need a license to own a wolf dog in PA?

Postby Cindy23323 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:26 am

From what I understood any content of wolfdog you need one for there.


Wolves and Wolf Hybrids may be possessed if they are purchased or received from any lawful sources from within or without the state and if the owner first secures an Exotic Wildlife Possession Permit from the Pennsylvania Fish and Game Commission. Inspection by the Commission is required to insure that minimum requirements for secure and humane housing conditions are met. Minimum pen requirements for a single animal are "15' length by 8' width by 6' height covered at the top to prevent escape. For a pair, double the cage length. For each additional animal - after 2 add 10' to the cage length. A secluded den area 4'W x 4'L is required for a single animal."

"Records shall be maintained of acquisitions and disposals of exotic wildlife as well as exotic wildlife born on the premises. Records shall be in ink, written in English and include the full name and address of the person with whom a transaction is conducted. Records shall be available for inspection by Commission personnel at reasonable hours. Entries shall be made on the day of transaction.""

Return to “Wolves”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest