PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Am I Worried About Nothing? Ad for Wolf Pups

For all topics on wolves

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

EmilyGrace

Am I Worried About Nothing? Ad for Wolf Pups

Postby EmilyGrace » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:12 pm

I saw this ad in the classified section of the newspaper this morning (I think it was The Oregonian).

"Wolf Pups From long time breeder,
4 Females, 3 males. $500/ea.
360-903-7137"

As someone relatively new to the realm of exotic pets, I am wondering how to interpret something like this. According to this website http://wwda.webs.com/lawsbystate.htm (from 2011 but its the best I could find) wolves are legal in Oregon and Washington with a permit and wolf-dogs are not restricted by state law but may be prohibited by local ordinances. Someone please correct me if this is wrong.

I get that breeders need to advertise in order to find their puppies a home, but shouldn't there be SOME disclaimer like "permit required in Oregon and Washington" or "educate yourself about the challenges of owning a wolf first" or "not for everybody"?

Does anyone know who this is? I'm afraid that this might be one of THOSE breeders who pass off a husky/malamute as a pure wolf, or sell an wolf to a home where the owner is not prepared to care for them. I would hate for that to happen.

Another thought... If these animals are actually wolf-dogs, which would make sense because there are no state restriction on them, why call them wolves? Isn't that still false advertising?

Last thing, I promise. If my info is correct, WHY FOR THE SAKE OF ALL THAT IS RATIONAL are wolves and wolf-dogs legal but foxes are not?!
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Am I Worried About Nothing? Ad for Wolf Pups

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:24 am

A scam or huskies probably but the area code is WA while there are a bunch of ads from that number on the web for the wolf pups.

Wolves aren't legal wolf dogs are. Fox are fur bearers and all exotic canines are also banned under the exotic law but having USDA exempts you so you can have a fox that way.
Cindy23323
Assistant
Assistant

Re: Am I Worried About Nothing? Ad for Wolf Pups

Postby Cindy23323 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:17 pm

That website http://wwda.webs.com/lawsbystate.htm is not a good site to use, it has a lot of incorrect info on states. For ex. saying Maryland you need a permit, that is false, Maryland is a total illegal state. Virginia you need permits, again false, some cities or counties may require permits, but not all. DC they have nothing, it is illegal. California says legal when it should say restriction which would be no F1's. I'll just stop with those few, there is a lot more wrong.

Unfortunately there are a ton of people misrepresenting pure blooded dogs as wolfdogs and wolves in the wolfdog world :(

Return to “Wolves”