please read this regarding toxic dog foods: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=14637

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041
with the holidays coming up, the return percentage is higher.

Wolf and Sheep Playing Together (Sort of)

For all topics on wolves

Moderators: Ash, hecate, TamanduaGirl

caninesrock

Wolf and Sheep Playing Together (Sort of)

Postby caninesrock » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:04 pm

So, I just saw this video. It's a lady that owns sheep and also a wolf or high content wolfdog (not sure which one as she's kind of vague about whether or not he's a pure). Anyways, she decided to introduce her wolf(?)/wolfdog(?) to one of the male sheep. And this is what happened. To me, it doesn't look like any predatory behavior. The wolf is displaying friendly body language like the play-bow seen in domestic dogs, wagging his tail (though to be fair sometimes, depending on how the tail is wagged, even in domestic dogs, it can be a sign of aggression, but the way the wolf is wagging his tail in this video doesn't seem like that to me). The sheep, however, seems indifferent and doesn't want to have anything to do with the poor wolf. :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II1U3MAObks
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Wolf and Sheep Playing Together (Sort of)

Postby Ash » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:18 am

Haha. Cute. :) With a larger animal like a sheep, probably a wolf doesn't see it as a prey item when it doesn't normally kill its own food. Smaller animals might set off the instinct better.

Some wolf trainers keep elk and teach the elk to run and the pack to chase it for filming purposes. But the wolves know to leave it alone. Probably killing and eating it doesn't cross their minds.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
caninesrock

Re: Wolf and Sheep Playing Together (Sort of)

Postby caninesrock » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:49 pm

That's so interesting. I didn't know about the training with elk. I would think they would eat the elk since that's something they would eat in the wild. I guess if they're well fed and not hungry, they wouldn't see much need to kill something for food though.
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule

Return to “Wolves”