PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Getting a wolf

For all topics on wolves

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

FoxAdorer817

Postby FoxAdorer817 » Mon May 24, 2010 9:37 pm

Well....I found a site with like..12 wolf (wolf-dog, but they look like wolves) breeders in Canada- you're bound to find one at least near your region...not to mention, I wasn't even Looking for that, I'm sure if one of us looked hard enough, I believe we could *easily* (maybe not) find a breeder in your region.
...And I don't believe there are any excess laws to owning one, besides possibly the import or fur-bearing permit of some sort. ...I do not know the laws in Canada, but I'm pretty sure those are easy to get.

Granted, I could be completely off.

But, they probably are still quite a bit expensive to keep- and if you have college expenses on you, that won't be fun to keep up with, so I guess I'll back up your decision with waiting until you're in a more proper situation (or getting the Siamese cat?).

And blah, I just read the last part to your last post...Well, I guess that settles that then- you Have to wait. Heh.
But, at least, you'll really enjoy and appreciate your pet once you can finally get it and care for it on your own! (Or at least that's what everyone's been telling me. ;) )

... :D ...
Proud care-giver to a bunny, 5 Siberian dwarf hamsters, 2 chinchillas and currently a baby(chin). <3 :)
renwaldo

Re: Getting a wolf

Postby renwaldo » Mon May 31, 2010 10:01 pm

Well, I'm still somewhat in that mindset but I've recently gotten back into collecting information again. If you know of any breeders in my area I'd be grateful to hear of them. I likely still won't consider purchasing for quite a few years, but it's always good to collect more sources.

Canadian laws are quite difficult in the area of exotic pet ownership. Finding local information is tricky.
RIP Martino, I'm sure Olivia misses you.
Splashstorm

Re:

Postby Splashstorm » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:07 am

FOXman wrote:Wow!! They really look like wolves... Some other sites, their wolfdogs don't even look like wolves, but like a regular dog. What kind of dog do they use to breed??

This is because most sites out there are misrepresenting their animals. alot of the times, what you'll see is pure dogs that are wolfish looking. these may be advertised as high contents, and in some cases like Wolf haven spirit of the past., may be falsely stated as "pures.'' True wolfdogs will look pretty wolfy depending on content. real high contents will look almost exactly like a pure wolf. the most popular dogs used for wolfdogs by responsible breeders are malamutes, siberian huskies and german shepherds.
Past Pets: Sea-monkeys, 7 Cottontail rabbits, a Wakin goldfish, 2 cats & a betta fish.
Wishlist: Malinois, Alaskan wolf, hyena, liger (& other big cats), Arabian horse, dolphin, & much more!

~RIP my Cottontail rabbit Brownie AUG 15 2011~
ImageImage
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Re:

Postby TamanduaGirl » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:59 am

Splashstorm wrote:wolfdogs by responsible breeders are malamutes, siberian huskies and german shepherds.

I think even those that misrepresent usually do. Though a chihuahua wolf cross would be interesting. Yes it is possible.

Dog front and center is a German Shepard/chihuahua. I remember a chihuahua getting named speed bump by a rescue because he stood on one to mate a rottweiler and there was a litter.
Chase
Banned
Banned

Re: Getting a wolf

Postby Chase » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:45 am

Did you finally get your wolf?

Return to “Wolves”