PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Wolf Breeder

For all topics on wolves

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

CrazyCodyKadunk

Wolf Breeder

Postby CrazyCodyKadunk » Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:26 pm

Anyone know of any good wolf breeders? I am looking for a female all black pure wolf pup. Any help on this would be great all my searching seems to come up with nothing.
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Re: Wolf Breeder

Postby sarajeku » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:14 pm

Just curious, why a wolf? Why not a hybrid?
Also, have you checked your state and county laws? They may not be legal in your area.
CrazyCodyKadunk

Postby CrazyCodyKadunk » Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:26 pm

I have a hybrid 98% wolf and he is the best dog I have ever had. I am looking to breed him. In my experience over the years the higher the % of wolf the better the animal.
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Postby sarajeku » Wed Sep 07, 2011 7:18 pm

Very few states allow pure wolves, but a lot of the states will allow any content of wolfdog. This is the reason for people having high contents and not pures.

Copied from another thread.
You really need to check with your state's laws. I'm not trying to discourage you, I'm just being realistic.
CrazyCodyKadunk

Postby CrazyCodyKadunk » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:36 pm

The law is not my problem I am good with that, its trying to find a breeder cause of the law in so many places.
Cindy23323
Assistant
Assistant

Postby Cindy23323 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:24 pm

I do know of a few breeders.
What state do you live in? Do you have any pics of your 98% to share? We love pics.
Also you are giving out false information, no 98% animal is a good dog, and can not be kept as a dog, they will eat your house, escape normal fencing, are naturally afraid of strangers, etc. etc. I'm guessing if you saying this info then your animal is not as high as you claim and you have been sold a animal that is misrepresented big time and must be mostly dog.
Lasergrl

Postby Lasergrl » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:37 pm

^ what she said

Just curious, what month was your male born?
Juska

Postby Juska » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:22 pm

Again with the percentages. There is no test or scientific process to tell what "percentage" of a hybrid an animal is. If you ever hear that from somebody trying to sell hybrids to you, they're talking out of their ass. There's high content and low content. High contents have a lot of wolf members and low contents have a lot of dog members in their family tree. Nothing more.
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!
Cindy23323
Assistant
Assistant

Postby Cindy23323 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:41 pm

Lasergrl wrote:^ what she said

Just curious, what month was your male born?

Highs and pures are normally born March threw out all of april. Once you get into arctics they can be born threw out May and I've even heard of a couple being born the first of June.

My female was born April 28th and Loki was born May 2nd

Here's a small photo lineage I've been able to pull together so far of alot of Loki's line, am actually expecting some hard copies in the mail within the next couple of days to add to it.
http://lokiline.webs.com/apps/photos/al ... id=7869217
Lasergrl

Postby Lasergrl » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:23 pm

well the reason I asked is its a good way to rule out low contents. Since there are really n arctics in the pet trade making wolfdogs, its fairly reliable.
Cindy23323
Assistant
Assistant

Postby Cindy23323 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:11 pm

Well stuff like blue eyes (pups have blue eyes but change within the first couple of months) here's a link that i show loki's eyes changing over a few month period, bi eyed, rear dew claws, white nails, pink pads, curl tails, born white, or born with maks (arctics are not even born white but grey and liten within the first few months) all of those things are dog traits not wolf traits.
Cindy23323
Assistant
Assistant

Postby Cindy23323 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:28 am

Lasergrl wrote:well the reason I asked is its a good way to rule out low contents. Since there are really n arctics in the pet trade making wolfdogs, its fairly reliable.

Oh sorry meant to add this, actually thats untrue about the arctics, I know of at least 5 breeders off the top of my head here in the U.S. of arctics, pretty positve there are more also.
CrazyCodyKadunk

Postby CrazyCodyKadunk » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:23 pm

Also you are giving out false information, no 98% animal is a good dog, and can not be kept as a dog, they will eat your house, escape normal fencing, are naturally afraid of strangers, etc. etc. I'm guessing if you saying this info then your animal is not as high as you claim and you have been sold a animal that is misrepresented big time and must be mostly dog.

I think its more of an opinion then false information. I have been around a lot of wolfdogs and in my own personal experience the higher the % wolf in the animal the better it is. More dog % I have seen the trend to follow "make a terrable pet". Also the training of the animal is a HUGE part of it.

I also posted some pictures of Dog.

He was born last week in February.
Attachments
wolf 4.jpg
wolf 3.jpg
Juska

Postby Juska » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:13 pm

What Cindy has said is all true, not just her opinion...There is also no way to define the percentage of the wolf content in your dog, especially if he was sold to you, so saying "98% wolf" isn't really correct.

High contents are skiddish, shy and usually don't make good house pets at all.
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:23 pm

Yeah, the term "98%" is just the typical term used by wolfdog owners for any wolfdog that is practically indistinguishable from a wolf--in other words, it looks and acts just like a wolf and you should be able to see NO DOG in it. You could easily replace the term "98%" for "super, super, duper, duper high content."

I guess the "percentage" thing is more like this: On a scale of one to ten... How much does this wolfdog look/act like a wolf?

Check out this site to see what high contents look like: http://texx-wolf-tails.webs.com/highcontentwolfdogs.htm

This is a low content that "looks" like a wolf, but has barely any wolf in him. http://texx-wolf-tails.webs.com/lowcontentwolfdogs.htm

I'm sorry, but judging by the photos you posted, your wolfdog is not a high content as you were told, and may even be low content. If I were you, I would contact the breeders and ask for your money back if they charged you more. I'm not trying to argue or prove anything, but I think you have a right to know what you own, and I don't think it's right for breeders to lie. Cindy would know for sure what level of content your wolfdog would be classified as.

Where I live, there are TONS of people who have "wolfdogs." I've seen many "wolfdogs." I've seen "wolfdogs" for sale, I've seen people walking their "wolfdog" off leash. The truth is, nobody knows what wolves are supposed to look like. And it's hard for most people to tell the difference. They don't realize that all they have are mamamute/gsd mixes. I think it's important to get the real information out there just so people don't get scammed.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas

Return to “Wolves”