PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Wolf Breeder

For all topics on wolves

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Juska

Re: Wolf Breeder

Postby Juska » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:53 pm

That's a very good site you posted, Ash. I think all would-be "wolfdog" owners should study that first.

Here are some photos of a wolfdog I shot a few years ago. Her owner did not know the exact "content" of her (her name was Autumn), but she definitely acted more like a wolf, with the slinking/huge feet/lowered head, and she was also VERY shy. However, her physical traits suggested she was probably mostly dog. Her owner also showed me photos of her outdoor run/enclosure, because the woman had been keeping wolfdogs for years and had plenty of experience with them destroying everything, lol.

The little boy she's with is her owner's son. I think he was about 5 years old. She was strongly bonded to him and was the only person she would let touch her (he's holding her head up in the first photo, otherwise her head was bowed almost the entire time).

Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:30 pm

You're right Juska about her looking more like a dog. I was looking at the list of traits that high contents should have according to the site I linked.

According to the site, it wouldn't be a high content because:
Its eyes aren't yellow, I don't think its coloring is correct (it looks "banded"), and it has pink on its gums whereas high-contents have all black gums.

I am by far NOT an expert on wolves, so Cindy can correct me if I'm wrong--I'm just going by what the site says. I just am trying to teach myself the difference so that I can judge better. :mrgreen:

Y'know, I've tried to study the differences and it is ridiculous how difficult it can be sometimes! There are times when I can pinpoint for sure if its real low or super high content, but almost most of the time I have no clue without referring back to the site. Mid-contents are really hard for me to decide between!

Juska, those are pretty pictures. I really like the last one a lot!
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula
Juska

Postby Juska » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:32 pm

I can definitely tell with personality traits. I've grown up around exotic animals, and you can just feel that aura of the "wild" some animals still have in them. Physical traits are so much harder, sometimes it's impossible to tell by looks alone.
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!
Cindy23323
Assistant
Assistant

Postby Cindy23323 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:14 am

Ash wrote:You're right Juska about her looking more like a dog. I was looking at the list of traits that high contents should have according to the site I linked.

According to the site, it wouldn't be a high content because:
Its eyes aren't yellow, I don't think its coloring is correct (it looks "banded"), and it has pink on its gums whereas high-contents have all black gums.

I am by far NOT an expert on wolves, so Cindy can correct me if I'm wrong--I'm just going by what the site says. I just am trying to teach myself the difference so that I can judge better. :mrgreen:

Y'know, I've tried to study the differences and it is ridiculous how difficult it can be sometimes! There are times when I can pinpoint for sure if its real low or super high content, but almost most of the time I have no clue without referring back to the site. Mid-contents are really hard for me to decide between!

Juska, those are pretty pictures. I really like the last one a lot!

Also to add to it, white nails, white tipped tail and a wide chest
faster

Postby faster » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:27 pm

All I ever see is Hybreds does anyone no any breeders actually sell wolves (pure)
Cindy23323
Assistant
Assistant

Postby Cindy23323 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:53 pm

This has been discussed here already
viewtopic.php?f=64&t=8730
faster

Postby faster » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:44 pm

well excuse me, I have been on here in ages so I guess I missed it
Cindy23323
Assistant
Assistant

Postby Cindy23323 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:18 am

Rude much? I was not being rude when I stated that comment you didnt have to get rude.
faster

Postby faster » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:34 pm

seemed rude to me
Alynn

Postby Alynn » Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:26 pm

It didn't to me. You asked a question and you got a rather helpful answer.
You were being rude when she was trying to help.
Cindy23323
Assistant
Assistant

Postby Cindy23323 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:34 pm

Was just pointing out where your answer was located, instead of me having to repost everything I had already written in another post, by saying it was already a disscussion else where, there was nothing rude about it.
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:46 pm

It didn't seem rude to me. But honestly, and forgive my bluntness, but if you're going to post in such a accusatory and immature sounding comments, I'm not so sure you're mature enough to handle the responsibility of a pure wolf. Do you know everything that's involved in taking care of and providing for them? Do you know about their body language and behavior? It's not like owning a dog.
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule
faster

Postby faster » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:33 pm

I apoligize again. I did the other day, but I do not see it on here, so I have no idea what happened to it. As for wolves I used to keep my friends pure breed wolf
Splashstorm

Postby Splashstorm » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:45 pm

Sorry, but the picture you showed of your "wolfdog" is not a high content at all... It looks like a pure dog, in all honesty-- not even a low. If you want a black-phase high content wolfdog, check out Youngwolf kennels. Highs will look and act almost exactly like pures.
Past Pets: Sea-monkeys, 7 Cottontail rabbits, a Wakin goldfish, 2 cats & a betta fish.
Wishlist: Malinois, Alaskan wolf, hyena, liger (& other big cats), Arabian horse, dolphin, & much more!

~RIP my Cottontail rabbit Brownie AUG 15 2011~
ImageImage
zebrafox

Postby zebrafox » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:14 pm

that dog is mostly malamute

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Return to “Wolves”