PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Wolf Cubs

For all topics on wolves

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

veralidaine

Re: Wolf Cubs

Postby veralidaine » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:18 pm

BB wrote:Not necessarily. Hoarders think they look after their animals, but the animals take over in numbers and they (the people) have no way of providing good care for all of them.

I think the person meant that hoarders care about their animals, as in love them, not that they are able to care for them in the sense of providing food, vet care etc.

I cannot believe there are people who think wolves are felines, wow! That just boggles my mind. I must admit though, some of those photos Cindy posted, I would have thought they were wolves or high content wolfdogs and I've been paying attention to everything that's been said here about how to distinguish.

What about these ones?

Don't they have the coloring and the V cape? I'm a little confused.
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:55 am

The second one looks like it might be some sort of malamute mix. I'm not sure on the others though.

Edit: I was reffering to the third picture,but the second dog because it looks like the first two photos are both of the same dog. Anyway, none of them are pure or high contents,but some look like they could possibly have some wolf to be a mid or low. The 3rd picture dog just looks like a malamute or malamute mix that probably has little if any wolf in it. In the one with the dogs drinking from the watering hole, the dog farthest to the right appears to just be husky or husky mix. The one directly next to it appears to be a husky mix of some sort as well. The others do look really wolfy though.
Last edited by caninesrock on Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule
Splashstorm

Postby Splashstorm » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:36 am

Its not just the coloring that will tell you if an animal has wolf. it's everything, from how wide the ears are to how straight the back is or how splayed out their toes are. for an inexperienced phenotyper this can be very difficult. did you check out texx-wolf-tails site? its very very helpful :)
Past Pets: Sea-monkeys, 7 Cottontail rabbits, a Wakin goldfish, 2 cats & a betta fish.
Wishlist: Malinois, Alaskan wolf, hyena, liger (& other big cats), Arabian horse, dolphin, & much more!

~RIP my Cottontail rabbit Brownie AUG 15 2011~
ImageImage

Return to “Wolves”