PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Has anyone ever seen a movie called Benji the Hunted?

For all topics on wolves

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Laughing Hyena

Has anyone ever seen a movie called Benji the Hunted?

Postby Laughing Hyena » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:24 am

This is a childhood favorite movie of mine and a very cute movie about a small Dog named Benji trying to protect Cougar cubs who lost their mother to a hunter and trying to find another cougar mother for them. In that movie there was a Wolf that would always chase Benji if any of you seen this movie do you know if they used a real Wolf or a Wolfdog to portray the Wolf in this film? I bet if it was a real Wolf it would take alot of training for it to act on set like that. lol.
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Re: Has anyone ever seen a movie called Benji the Hunted?

Postby sarajeku » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:51 am

I looked it up, and the clip I watched wasn't very high quality.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66IIMKONcjA (for anyone interested)

Judging from Hollywood's history of using wolfdogs vs. wolves, I'm going to go ahead and say wolfdog. But it does look pretty wolfy. If the below picture is the same one from the movie, then it would have to be HC.
Realtree1

Postby Realtree1 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:32 pm

He looks like a hybrid to me but I'm no professional.
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:56 pm

Edit: I found a clearer video of the wolf. It's a music video,but there is a face close-up of the wolf and some other scenes. It looks like it might be some sort of wolf-shepard dog mix. I'm not sure how much content it has in it though.

The wolf comes in the video at about 1:51 seconds,but the good face close-up is at about 1:56 seconds. There is a decent fullbody shot at 2:00.

Another good wolf face close up is at 2:26 and then again at 2:29. The wolf chase scence follows after up until 2:56. There's another full body close-up of the wolf,this time growling,at about 3:27. The continuation of the chase scence continues right after until about 4:10. Another good close-up of the wolf at 4:47 followed by a scene of him confronting Benji that has alot of other really nice close-ups and ends at about 5:53 when the wolf falls off the cliff with some really bad CGI.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tjai232u ... re=related
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule

Return to “Wolves”