ALERT:. PLEASE BE CAREFUL IF SOMEONE CALLS YOU AND CLAIMS TO BE FROM IRS, ELECTRIC COMPANY OR WHATEVER THEIR REASON MIGHT BE. LOOK AT THIS LINK FOR MORE INFORMATION:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14621

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041
with the holidays coming up, the return percentage is higher.

Fennec Breeder

Information on Breeders, brokers, and other dealers

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

BlueBaby1023

Fennec Breeder

Postby BlueBaby1023 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:25 pm

Despite my best efforts, it seems that there are very few Fennec breeders out there to be found.

I know that Mandy breeds them, and sent her a message, but I also know how notoriously hard it is to get ahold of her. :lol: I think she's a great breeder, but I do want to look for other breeders in case I can not get ahold of her before her lists fill up for this next year. It also worries me that her website has been disabled for a few weeks.

Besides her, there are two breeders here in Florida I have heard of, one of which is not licensed :wall: (Rare Earth Ranch run by Summer Wilson) so I don't want to buy from them. The other is Julie's Jungle, which seems to be a good breeder. However, when I sent them a message with a few questions that are not found on their website, and included all of the answers to the questions that she requires for a response, I still didn't receive a response and that's been months ago. :roll:

Outside of Florida, the only two that I am aware of other than Mandy is a small breeder in Virginia Fairytale Foxes run by Christy Roberts Davis, and of course Exotic Endeavors in California. I have spoken to Fairytale Foxes and she seems like a very good breeder and tends to have multiple litters per year. I haven't spoken to Exoitc Endeavors but I have heard nothing but good things about them. I'm just hesitant to go with either of these options due to the distance, but they are definitely not off the list.

I was just wondering if there are any other Fennec breeders that come to mind for anyone? I'm not sure which breeder I will go with yet, but I thought it'd be best to be ready for next year sooner rather than later. :lol:
4 Fancy Rats
2 American Guinea Pigs
1 Holland Lop Rabbit
1 Rex Rabbit
2 Ferrets
1 Lutino Cockatiel
5 Mixed Breed Cats
1 PitxLab
1 Great Pyr
1 Greyhound
2 Great PyrxAnatolian Shepherds
2 Red Foxes
5 Goats
~100 chickens, ducks, and turkeys
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Fennec Breeder

Postby TamanduaGirl » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:57 pm

nope,not really. I know there are some but they are small and harder to find. Occasionally a smaller breeder posts when they have kits on the yahoo fennecfox group. so you should at least lurk there.

Also a lot of times breeders wont bother to reply except around litter time.
BlueBaby1023

Postby BlueBaby1023 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:06 pm

I'll have to join that Yahoo group, but I'd imagine most of them don't have USDA licenses, do they?

When I sent a message to the one here in Florida, it was around litter time. I'd have to look to be sure, but it was in May-June I believe. And I didn't really expect a response from Mandy anytime soon. :lol:
4 Fancy Rats
2 American Guinea Pigs
1 Holland Lop Rabbit
1 Rex Rabbit
2 Ferrets
1 Lutino Cockatiel
5 Mixed Breed Cats
1 PitxLab
1 Great Pyr
1 Greyhound
2 Red Foxes
5 Goats
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:56 pm

I've heard good things about Julie's Jungle from exotic cat owners. I know that there were some breeders in NY for a while, but I don't know whether or not they're still breeding.

Here's a USDA-licensed breeder who has fennecs for sale right now: http://www.primatebabies.com/. They're asking $2500. I've never spoken to them personally. But could be an option for you.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:38 pm

There are some USDA breeders on there but I'm not sure if any you haven't heard of that still breed. Not really sure on the occasional litters that get posted from others.

Like most groups it's gotten really slow but does pick up in the spring still.
BlueBaby1023

Postby BlueBaby1023 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:05 am

Thanks for the link Ash! I'll have to check them out as well. I had heard good things about Julie's Jungle as well, I was just sad she never responded despite following her very strict directions.

I've noticed that the busiest time here is the late winter and early spring months, so I can only imagine how slow it gets on the Yahoo group. I will definitely take a look if I haven't decided on a different breeder. :)
4 Fancy Rats
2 American Guinea Pigs
1 Holland Lop Rabbit
1 Rex Rabbit
2 Ferrets
1 Lutino Cockatiel
5 Mixed Breed Cats
1 PitxLab
1 Great Pyr
1 Greyhound
2 Red Foxes
5 Goats
BlueBaby1023

Postby BlueBaby1023 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:41 pm

Just another add to the list of Fennec breeders, Lost River Game does still breed Fennecs. For some reason, I was under the impression that they only had reds, greys, and arctics like Tiny Tracks. They also have had multiple litters per year. Just spoke to him on the phone today and he said the last few babies went to their homes last weekend from a late August litter. One of the least expensive breeders at $1800, too.
4 Fancy Rats
2 American Guinea Pigs
1 Holland Lop Rabbit
1 Rex Rabbit
2 Ferrets
1 Lutino Cockatiel
5 Mixed Breed Cats
1 PitxLab
1 Great Pyr
1 Greyhound
2 Red Foxes
5 Goats
lilah202

Postby lilah202 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:05 am

Hello!

I am currently in your exact same situation! Did you ever decide on a fennec breeder?
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:00 pm

I contacted Julie a bit before breeding season and she replied to me quickly(within a few business days, she spent some of those days checking me out). I sent a photo of the cage I made and a detailed response on what I know about fennecs, like she asked. I think she and other breeders want to be sure you know what you are getting into and serious rather than wanting be educators for people who are just toying with the idea of a fennec. You'd be amazed at the stuff they get sent by people who know nothing. Heck I was browsing Julie's FB page and someone wrote they were ready to buy one from her. A short time later they wrote on the same post never mind they just watched some videos and they are too loud, lol so they didn't even know what they were but were ready to buy, sure. I think you need to impress them to prove you are not like the rest of the riff raff. That's what I tried to do.

PS some tings you may think are not on her site are. Use the google's search site feature to look for those key words. Like I almost asked about vaccines but searched the site and found she doesn't vaccinate her animals so if I asked she wouldn't have answered.
lilah202

Postby lilah202 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:47 pm

Thank you so much for your quick reply! I appreciate it. :)

I emailed Julie around the month of October and received a reply a few months ago. I've heard great things about her in particular but the communication experience for me was not that great. I'm glad to hear that she is efficeint in her replies when kits are born. Though I know everyone has their every day lives to attend to! I understand what you mean!
I am looking at fairytale foxes and lost river game farm as well in hopes that I will indeed add a new member to the family this year. As you can tell, I have been planning this for a while!
Thanks again!
1 long haired dachshund
1 long haired chihuahua
2 King Charles cavaliers
1 German shepherd
3 Horses
1 cat
1 leucistic axolotl
1 dwarf lion head rabbit
1 fennec fox

Return to “BREEDERS & DEALERS”