ALERT:. PLEASE BE CAREFUL IF SOMEONE CALLS YOU AND CLAIMS TO BE FROM IRS, ELECTRIC COMPANY OR WHATEVER THEIR REASON MIGHT BE. LOOK AT THIS LINK FOR MORE INFORMATION:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14621

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041
with the holidays coming up, the return percentage is higher.

Help with new kits

Breeding, caging, housing, bottle feeding, domestication, colors, in cage enrichment, etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Brittyboo

Re: Help with new kits

Postby Brittyboo » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:42 pm

I'm glad you think so bc that's what I was thinking of doing. I'm going to bring them in, the last thing I want to do is be in there too much and have her get stressed. She has been great so far but I don't want to push it. I can better monitor the two small ones inside to ensure they are eating and I'd rather do it sooner than later. I made the mistake of waiting too long yesterday (although he prob wouldn't have made it anyways) . I bought some unflavored Pedialyte also so I'll get some of that in them.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Fri May 13, 2016 3:46 pm

How are the babies doing? :)
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
Brittyboo

Postby Brittyboo » Fri May 13, 2016 4:09 pm

They are dong great! Just starting to wean. I can't remember how I did this last time but I just uploaded some new pictures to the imagur
http://i.imgur.com/cAREV8e.jpg
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Fri May 13, 2016 4:14 pm

They're precious... Those are the smaller ones you pulled, right? How are the other three doing with mom?
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Fri May 13, 2016 4:21 pm

They look great!
Brittyboo

Postby Brittyboo » Fri May 13, 2016 4:57 pm

Actually I had a change of plans. Mom wasn't producing enough milk for all of them and naturally the 3 biggest ones were taking it all. I could not get the 2 small ones to suckle on a bottle so to make things easier I pulled the 3 big ones and supplement fed them, when they hit 10 days old (April 23) I pulled them completely and left the 2 small ones with mom for awhile longer. They are all inside now. The 2 'marbles' are the 2 small ones.

This is one of the bigger ones (pic from a week or so ago)
http://i.imgur.com/HiEySDm.jpg

And these are the other 2 big ones (pic from a week or so ago)
http://i.imgur.com/PcSAw6p.jpg

And this pic is from about a week ago
http://i.imgur.com/yXxbOVe.jpg

Not sure if you were able to see all the pictures I posted on my account or not.
minervasden

Postby minervasden » Fri May 13, 2016 5:51 pm

Cute little things. Glad they're doing well.
I stay in the dark because too much light will blind you
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Fri May 13, 2016 6:40 pm

Ooh... You've got a homozygous one. Doesn't happen to be male, would it??

They are all so amazing! You did a wonderful job raising them. Congratulations. ;)
Brittyboo

Postby Brittyboo » Fri May 13, 2016 7:17 pm

Hm your speaking foreign to me ash haha. A homowhat? I'm not very hip to all the color names, I know the basics.

And thank you! I've put alot of time, dedication, and LOVE into them.
Brittyboo

Postby Brittyboo » Fri May 13, 2016 9:02 pm

The gene pool thing is not my Forte, so I get a tad lost there. I'm assuming that you are talking about little 'smokey'. The darker babe. HE is who we are keeping:) the little one that ended up passing a day after birth was also was like him. It was kinda ironic- Arabella gave birth to two all white ones with a black spot on their tails, 2 that were white with the black mask and stripe down the back, and 2 that were the dark. The one we are keeping is the only male.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Fri May 13, 2016 10:22 pm

homozygous(double) marble(the white masked ones), makes them turn out white.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Sat May 14, 2016 12:45 am

Sorry, my bad. As TG said, a pure white one.

That's too bad it's a girl, lol. Not that I'm actively looking (I'm not planning on getting anything for a while now), but a white marble male is what I'm interested in. Almost bought one from someone rehoming in my area last year or so. But, it's for the best. :) I have lots on my plate right now.

Congrats on keeping him!
mrscline8821

Postby mrscline8821 » Thu May 19, 2016 12:07 pm

OMG You're so close to me! I live in Canton. One day my fiance and I want a fox:)
But right now i have 3 dogs, 2 cats, some breeding mice, a gecko and a bullfrog....and just 2 nights ago, 2 baby Raccoons!!
GODDESS

Return to “Housing, Breeding & genetics”