please read this regarding toxic dog foods: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=14637

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041
with the holidays coming up, the return percentage is higher.

HELLO! I need help!

Tell us a little about yourself, pets or whatever.

Moderators: hecate, minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

MyloBandoogle

HELLO! I need help!

Postby MyloBandoogle » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:13 pm

Hello, I found this site because I needed help on how you find my Silver Fox ( Mylo is his name). Someone had let him out and I'm freaking out because searching for him and there is so much "he said she said". I'm breaking down, it's been only hours and I can't find him. It's night now, I'm going to wake up in the early morning to find him! He is only 8 months... I can't stop crying I don't know what else to do. He was my emotional support for my depression... he only comes to me and where I live there are so much woody areas. Do they go far?? What should I do? I'm getting flyers in the morning. Any advice? Anything will be great to hear!
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: HELLO! I need help!

Postby Ash » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:21 pm

So sorry your baby was let out. :( Really sorry, that's my worst nightmare.

Set out food for him and leave his enclosure door open at night. He'll likely stick around in the area, although sometimes foxes do wander off quite far. Fortunately he's a silver, so he will be easy to identify.

Don't give up hope yet. Sometimes foxes go missing for several months before they're caught again.

If you do see him, something I've learned to do to get them to come back to you is actually run away from them. They'll sometimes chase after you if you run. When we were walking my fox out in the country, we dropped his leash as he was running. First thing I did was turn around and run. He thought it was play, so he chased after me and when he got close enough I was able to grab the leash.

Is Mylo wearing anything? A collar, a harness perhaps? Asking neighbors if they've seen a black fox could be helpful.

I hope you find him. My fingers are crossed for you.

Also, where do you live? Maybe some members here or in the facebook groups are in your area and can help keep a lookout.

Good luck.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
MyloBandoogle

Postby MyloBandoogle » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:50 pm

Thank you so much! I live in Gainesville, Florida, I wanted to put out food but there are a lot of deer, armadillo, raccoon and etc in the area too. He has on a red puppy shirt because he was napping in it and he has a pink harness. I posted about him on Craigslist and my other social media. I told everyone he has all of his shots and not to be afraid but to contact me instead of approaching him. We were supposed to travel today but I cancel to find him.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:21 pm

Today a friend who lost her pet fox months ago actually JUST found her fox. And her fox is in a completely different state (lost during travel). So there is still lots of hope.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
MyloBandoogle

Postby MyloBandoogle » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:36 pm

Thank you! I'll keep everything updated!
MyloBandoogle

Postby MyloBandoogle » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:02 pm

Update: He was spotted it many places, but they always seem to contact me late or they tried to approach him and he ran away. Today I search everywhere for him and there no message about his whereabouts :( I'm getting nervous again.. but I always check to make sure the streets are clear making sure no one hit him. I'm really happy that he is wearing bright red so everyone could see him when they can. He probably hide in the woods near my school. I hope he's safe, I wish I could just see him.. He on Gainesville Pet Finder and etc
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:14 pm

The best way if you know where he's hanging out is to place a leg hold trap(padded kind) they usually are too smart to go into live traps and can be too scared to come even to their owners. You will want to camp out watching the trap though to prevent injury from trying to free himself.
Peacefulward

Postby Peacefulward » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:02 am

Someone let my coati Vega out from his enclosure a few months ago too, but luckily he just came inside the house to find me instead of running away. I now have a lock on his enclosure and a fake security camera, and nobody has messed with him since.

Best of luck finding Mylo... I don’t know what I’d do if I lost Vega. Keep us updated if you can.
5 Dogs, 2 cats, 2 leopard geckos, 1 guinea pig, 1 axolotl, and a coatimundi currently in my family. :)

Exotic "wishlist": red fox, arctic fox, gray fox, bat eared fox, fennec fox, mink, muntjac deer, owl (any species).
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:27 am

sorry to hear about your missing fox. hopefully, he will come back.
put flyers up with a picture, contact everyone you know in your neighborhood.
he could be closer than you think. at least I hope so.

one of my foxes got out long time ago, he was about a mile away. fortunately, he was near a house where the people know me.

I end up hiring a trapper. he first tried a large cage trap, bigger than what we can find in the stores. put food in it.
as mentioned, foxes are too smart to fall for a trap like that.

what the trapper ended up doing was putting a foot trap near where he was spotted. covered it with straw, and put a couple eggs on top of it.
the trapper and me stood by and waited. yep, he got in the foot trap. the trapper put a blanket over the fox to remove the trap, and put him in a carrier. the reason for the blanket so the fox don't bite from stress.

then a couple of years ago, my silver fox managed to get out. however, she didn't go far, she came back home wanting in.
maybe her reason was her fox and raccoon buddies were there. not to mention the food :lol:

it is good that you have something on her, most people should know it is a pet fox.
however, there are a lot of weirdos out there. when my oldest fox was on the run for 5 weeks, a few people tried to kill him :twisted:

please keep us updated. go outside and keep calling him. in case he is close to home.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
MyloBandoogle

Postby MyloBandoogle » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:27 am

Thank you everyone for the advice! It's really helpful, I'm spreading my surroundings with the flyers. I never stop looking for him, he is my everything! My ferret even misses him, they grew up together and since he disappeared she been quite sad. I know I find him soon, I know I must be strong and patience. State troopers told me they will keep there eye out for him and contact me if found or seen him. I gave to every vet office and store. The last tip about him was him being near the ramps of the highway because when I tried contacting the lady back she won't pick up. I actually had to go to the doctor because I'm getting sick from the stress I'm putting on myself..
MyloBandoogle

Postby MyloBandoogle » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:28 am

I posted his photos in the Lost and Found posts
MyloBandoogle

Postby MyloBandoogle » Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:18 pm

Also I failed to mention I'm afraid to put traps because he had leg surgery a few months ago and his leg is pretty much metal.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:40 pm

MyloBandoogle wrote:Also I failed to mention I'm afraid to put traps because he had leg surgery a few months ago and his leg is pretty much metal.

what about his foot? I am talking more about a foot trap. however, it is something you should know about where he is and stand by and wait..
but, not knowing where he is for sure, makes it difficult. icon-sad
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den

Return to “INTRODUCTION”