HAPPY AND SAFE HOLIDAYS TO ALL

PLEASE READ THIS REGARDING TOXIC DOG FOOd viewtopic.php?f=67&t=1463

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041 (with the holidays coming up, the return percentage is higher.) FREE TO USE.
(PLEASE USE THE LINK ABOVE, YOU WILL GET $25.00 TO START)

Foxes and Coatis

Red, Silver, Marble,Fennec, grey, corsac, Artic Etc.

Moderators: Ash, hecate, TamanduaGirl

Peacefulward

Foxes and Coatis

Postby Peacefulward » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:20 pm

Would a fox get along with a coatimundi if they were raised together? Vega plays too rough for my dogs, but I know some raccoons get along well with foxes.

I was considering getting a fox (in the future, not soon) since I want something that’ll live outdoors, whereas if I got another coati I’d have to watch over 2 little critters running around my house. :lol:
5 Dogs, 2 cats, 2 leopard geckos, 1 guinea pig, 1 axolotl, and a coatimundi currently in my family. :)

Exotic "wishlist": red fox, arctic fox, gray fox, bat eared fox, fennec fox, mink, muntjac deer, owl (any species).
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Foxes and Coatis

Postby TamanduaGirl » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:43 pm

The sizes are similar but their play styles are much different and the fox will likely just annoy the heck out of your coati or at best they will mostly ignore each other.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:38 pm

Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:34 pm

But if the fox had it's own enclosure and visits were closely moderated and supervised, it would probably be okay.

I do think a young fox would torment your coati, lol.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:23 am

Yeah they are similar size so if supervised you could likely prevent serious harm if there was a problem and in the long run would probably tolerate each other. I think the odds of them being good buddies long term is likely slim though. I mean some people do keep their raccoons and foxes together fine but I don't think they are buddies either. Peaceful was hoping they would play together and be buddies. If a fox is wanted, then cool, I'm sure you can make it work. If a buddy is wanted, I think that probably wont work out.

Return to “FOXES”