please read this regarding toxic dog foods: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=14637

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041
with the holidays coming up, the return percentage is higher.

Bleeder??

Coatimundis, Kinkajous, Raccoons, Ringtails, Cacomistles, Olingos

Moderators: hecate, Ash, TamanduaGirl

jody

Bleeder??

Postby jody » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:31 pm

I have 2 raccoons - brother and sister, both "fixed" We've had them since before their eyes opened. They are about 8 months. Last week Jimmie started peeing blood and acting like he had a bladder infection. We almost lost him. After a large vet bill, they finally concluded that he is a bleeder. Now he has to take vitamin K tablets (which he doesn't like. The little stinker has figured out everything I have tried putting it in. Tonight I'm trying a marshmallow.) and cherry flavored steroid. Not an easy task to give him either. :wall: Does anyone else have a raccoon that is a bleeder? and what do you do for them. The sister is fine. Also, any advice on giving medicine would be super helpful too. Thank you!!
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Bleeder??

Postby TamanduaGirl » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:45 pm

"bleeder" is not a proper diagnosis. If he is K deficient you can get it in injectable form or try giving it naturally like mixing thyme in his food or powdered spinach. But if it's an auto-immune issue or something else K probably wont help but it wont hurt either.

Also he might like this K as it's apple flavored https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0043BMPG4/
Ana

Postby Ana » Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:57 pm

Our vet had some bitter medicine one of my kids needed to take awhile back and they sent it out to an apothecary to
make a palatable compound? TamanduaGirl will know what I'm trying to describe. All I can remember is how ungodly expensive it was :lol:

Unrelated P.S *hugs* hope you're coping okay, Mary.
jody

Postby jody » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:36 pm

Thank You. He is feeling better. Back to his silly self
Trefoil

Postby Trefoil » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:04 pm

I'm glad he's feeling better. Is this something you are going to have to medicate for forever? If so, maybe mix in a peanut butter sandwich cookie.
jody

Postby jody » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:25 pm

Trefoil wrote:I'm glad he's feeling better. Is this something you are going to have to medicate for forever? If so, maybe mix in a peanut butter sandwich cookie.

I sure hope not.

Return to “Procyonidae - RACCOON FAMILY”