https://www.gofundme.com/f/my-sick-beagle-dog

could anyone post this on their Facebook, or whatever they have for media. It is for Lucy (my beagle) She is totally blind from cataracts in both eyes. She can get surgery, but, it cost $1000.00 per eye. Even if I got one eye done, it is better than nothing at all.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dog food recalls: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=14747]

Quick question about contacting people

Red, Silver, Marble,Fennec, grey, corsac, Artic Etc.

Moderators: Ash, hecate, TamanduaGirl

Kasper

Quick question about contacting people

Postby Kasper » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:09 am

So, someone said that it may be a good idea for me contact Elina about how to get a fennec fox as she may know where to get one.
I was going to contact her on Facebook as I couldn't find her email, but then got worried as I thought this would be too personal if I contacted her with my main account to her's when we don't know each other.

I know this may seem rather 'weak' or 'pathetic' but I am generally worried about it.

Here's what I was going to send to her via messenger. I haven't yet though.
Hi Elina.
Sorry for bothering you, but I heard that you used to breed Fennec foxes and knew a lot about them.
I know you no longer breed them, however I was wondering if you knew of any other breeders/brokers in the UK?
Due to my current age, I'm not planning on owning one at the moment but I am interested in knowing whether I will need to import one or if there is a way of getting on in the UK.

If you could tell me about what it is like owning a Fennec fox that would be awesome.

Thanks for reading this and I hope you get back to me :)
Critters interested in owning at a later date:
- Fennec Fox, Arctic Fox, Red Fox
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Quick question about contacting people

Postby Ash » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:52 pm

You don't need to worry. Elina is very nice. Lots of people in the Alaskan Klee Kai community probably message her through facebook. I wouldn't stress about it.

She is busy, so may not get back to people about fox-related questions. I know her focus has shifted to AKK breeding.

Good luck.
I'm Fable and Ifrit's mommy. Also mommy to Carousel, Breeze, and a bunch of snakes, lizards, and spiders. Oh, and one amphibian!
Kasper

Postby Kasper » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:44 am

OK and thank you :)
Kasper

Postby Kasper » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:29 am

Do you know if there are any other people that I should contact? or is she my best option since I'm in the UK?
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:14 am

Kasper wrote:Do you know if there are any other people that I should contact? or is she my best option since I'm in the UK?

you should at least try to contact her. she if very nice, but I am sure she is also busy.
never hurts to try. even if you had to wait longer than you wanted, the wait will be worth it.

the only list I found is here:
http://fennecfoxes.net/breeder-directory/

I am not sure if you could get one from the US and have it shipped. but, personally, I would not have it shipped.

also, you need to watch out for scammers selling online. some are safe, some are not.
if you do find one, let us know who before you consider that.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
Kasper

Postby Kasper » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:57 am

OK and thank you for the link! :)

I sent the message via messenger and am now awaiting a reply :)

And I agree with the no shipping idea. It seems like it would be far too stressful for them and even if I could get them into the UK, they would need to under go a 4 month quarantine and I would't be allowed to have them until they are at least 6 months old.

And I will let you know if I find someone :)

Return to “FOXES”