ALERT:. PLEASE BE CAREFUL IF SOMEONE CALLS YOU AND CLAIMS TO BE FROM IRS, ELECTRIC COMPANY OR WHATEVER THEIR REASON MIGHT BE. LOOK AT THIS LINK FOR MORE INFORMATION:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14621

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041
with the holidays coming up, the return percentage is higher.

Pua's new man is home

Anteaters, Armadillos, Aardvarks, Tenrec, Aardwolf, ect

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Pua's new man is home

Postby pat » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:24 am

mary,

sorry, I didn't know until now, that pua got a new man in her life.

he is sooooooooooo cute.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
Trefoil

Postby Trefoil » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:28 am

Glad you caught it before it became a real problem. Has Pua decided she likes him yet? Is he starting to interact with the other animals?
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:40 pm

Thanks. We also had him checked for giardia since some others who came from the same place had it but thankfully he tested negative for that.

Trefoil wrote:Has Pua decided she likes him yet? Is he starting to interact with the other animals?

No it's going to be a long road there I think. We were doing good the first few days as he was coming out and exploring and getting used to being touched and handled but since then he hasn't come out of his cage. He was more active last night though and I gave him a log to play with. He was okay with the other animals when he was out. Just Pua wanted him nowhere near her washer.

I've been taking Pua to his cage sometimes to see him and she's gotten less scared but the other night they sniffed noses then he smacked the bars and scared her defending his food. Last night she got away from me when I had her over and she climbed up the cage. She was on top and then she hissed so he started climbing up to investigate but I was worried because if he did get aggressive again he could hurt her clawing her feet through the bars so I pulled her off.

I need to dull his claws some more so no major damage can be done then maybe just let them meet and work it out when he gets to exploring again, just not at her washer or by his food.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:04 pm

Eldorado loves Eau de Pua.
Pua was starting to warm up slowly with my taking her to his cage to see him then one night they sniffed noses and he slammed his claws on the cage. I thought he was defending his food but he did it the other night when not near his food. So I put Pua's used blanket by his cage and he liked it. So my revised theory is he was after me wanting me to "unhand that lady" Poor fellow doesn't realise she's not scared because I'm holding her but scared of him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2e7DHgpH2A

I think he wanted to bath in her smell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di-sj_4HJD8

Now I can just imagine wild males rolling around in a females latrine to try and smell more familiar to her.

http://www.livingwithanteaters.com/2010 ... e-pua.html
BB

Postby BB » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:20 am

Oh that's too funny him rolling around in the blanket.
What did Pua do when she got it back?

Why is he so itchy?
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:37 pm

I didn't give it back since she had peed on it but she's smelled him before and where he's been and his used dirt after I've dumped it and that's all she really does is sniff.

He wasn't itchy they groom themselves by combing their fur with their claws but in this case he seemed to be trying to bath in her scent. Pua did the same when bathing in her spilled vinegar.

I'm going to pick up some dog nail clippers when we shop Thursday so I can blunt his nails better as the kitty clippers wont get through them. Then I can work more at introducing them and socializing with out the risk of serious injury if a fight did break out.

Right now I took her to his cage several times last night. He was real interested in her but she just wants to run away.
BB

Postby BB » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:43 pm

Oh ok. What would happen if you let them both out at some neutral zone? Or is it too early for that?
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:09 pm

Normally they integrate pretty well together kind of like ruscithil's foxes. Give them separate sleeping boxes and they'll work it out. But I also heard of one girl ripping open the male's arm and him needing stitched up. Pua's nails are long but plenty blunt so I want to blunt his more.

I think Pua will just try to avoid him no matter where they are introduced. I think my room is neutral enough territory she is avoiding his part of the room even though he chooses not to come out of the cage. His problem right now is not wanting to leave his safe zone.

It could be worse in another area as she would feel she didn't have a safe place to go. I'm thinking once he's made safer to take her by his cage when the door is open. She'll probably just run away but he'll be enticed out at least. Also once I am handling him more can then take him to her, just not when she's in her washer.

In the end it may come down to letting them tussle it out. I just don't want any injuries. He at least seems to want to be friendly with her. Hopefully he knows how to deal with difficult ladies.
BB

Postby BB » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:18 am

Any updates? I think I read somewhere that Pua hates Eldorado? Have you let them sniff each other out on neutral ground yet?
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:12 pm

To be honest that would have just made things worse. Pua gets easily scared in new places or if you change to much about her routine she gets upset.

We have traded Eldorado for Mr. Mandua who is one of her own subspecies but he's a gentle soul and needs some time to adjust and settle in. He's handleable he is just scared/shy and a bit dressed. This fellow is mellow and easy going once he's used to a place yet he also reacted negatively to the vested girl they had there, yet hr had taken to the girl of his own kind right away. So it seems to be a subspecies thing and the only way to over come that sort of programing is to raise them from infants together.

Eldorado was okay with her but would defend himself. He eventually got the hint and left her areas alone but then the last night here she sought him out and attacked him in his cage.

We did the trade Friday so it's to soon to say how things will go yet. It was really sad as he'd come a long way and would play with me and seek me out for attention. Pua's beating him up did mellow him out and I guess I was better than having no friends at all. He's already setting in quite well at the other place. He was just tried with the vested female. He just sniffed her and found a place to sleep but it's a start. Their vested female just wants to play with everyone.
Lasergrl

Postby Lasergrl » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:21 pm

I think it was a blessing in disguise that they didnt get along. As cool as a vested is, its probably better in the long run, to keep the subspecies pure. Seems pure offspring would be more desired and valuable from many aspects.
BB

Postby BB » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:27 pm

Wow. How lucky was that. Before you had a hard time finding any man and now you even managed to find a good home with the right girl for Eldorado AND the perfect man for Pua! How funny - Pua and Mr. Mandua icon_biggin.gif did he have that name already?
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:16 pm

Yeah I think her daughter named him.
ruscithil

Postby ruscithil » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:10 pm

Congratulations! I hope they will love each other - and Eldorado and his new partner, too. It really sound very perfect. I keep my fingers crossed for you icon_biggin.gif
"The truth about stories is that that's all we are." - Thomas King
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:20 pm

Eldorado settled in Quickly. Here are a couple videos of him playing with his new friend.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLWiUf4gTEU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_3SAwmZUkA

Mr. Mandua is here on a breeder loan / trial basis. He misses them way more than expected and they miss him so he wont stay forever. He's just not the out going happy boy he was at his home.

We are still hoping he will have a summer fling with Pua though and give her a baby. He got 2 girls pregnant at his home. So we know he's good for it. In the mean time she is an importer and she has her exporter looking for a baby male for Pua to raise into the man she wants like she did Stewie. And that should be the final chapter. We know now she is okay with a male of her own kind.

They've only had minor disputes over territory no nasty fighting. He has staked out the closet as his area. She is really interested in his scent. She's even willing to ignore him being near but he's nervous about her. So hope he does his thing when she comes into heat.

Return to “INSECTIVORES”