HAPPY AND SAFE HOLIDAYS TO ALL

please read this regarding toxic dog foods: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=14637[/b]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041
with the holidays coming up, the return percentage is higher.

Bad Day For Roaches

Tarantulas, Land Crabs, Insects, Scorpions, snails etc.

Moderators: Ash, hecate, TamanduaGirl

ShyVulpine

Bad Day For Roaches

Postby ShyVulpine » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:12 pm

Pets : tarantulas (6), Chinese water dragon, border collie/mix and a miniature doberman, 3 blue-and-gold macaws and a ringneck parakeet.
Future Goal : Collecting more tarantulas.
BB

Re: Bad Day For Roaches

Postby BB » Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:20 am

Right where they belong..... icon_confused.gif
Talking about roaches....last night I woke up and something latched onto my index finger, still sleepy I just flicked it across the room and actually heard it hit the floor. Later on the day my partner told me to come and check out this HUGE roach in the room. :nogif: Nevertheless, the surface spray was as fast as those tarantulas.....
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:13 pm

I felt something crawling up my leg once as a kid inside my pants and couldn't get it out so smashed it. I had to waddle home from the neighbors to change my pants. Not to fond of roaches.
trish_clare

Postby trish_clare » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:18 pm

Haha I honestly try to be open to all lifestyles and beliefs, but I cannot believe that some people breed roaches!

I came across an article on Fauna Classifieds one time where a guy made his own roach colony, and because he was in college decided to sell some of them so other members could make their own colony as well. (He had THOUSANDS of them)

I always wonder, when I get my exotic animals, what people's reactions are going to be when I bring them to my house for the first time. Maybe, "is it dangerous?", "What kind of animal is that?", etc. But the only reaction I can imagine seeing to walking in to a house full of breeding, smelly, roaches is "EW!"
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:51 pm

I thought about breeding roaches for Pua they seem easier and less smelly than alternative feeder insects but they are expensive to get the starters and I don't know for sure she would like them. She has eaten a couple wild wood roaches though. Just ordering insects is easier but roaches being expensive raising them would be the only way.

Return to “Invertebrates - insects, spiders, slugs, etc.”