PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Suggestion: Forum for Weasels

Questions/Suggestions/Comments

Moderators: minervasden, Ash, TamanduaGirl

caninesrock

Suggestion: Forum for Weasels

Postby caninesrock » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:04 pm

I just noticed that we seem to have alot of topics on here about various weasels in Other Exotics/Domestics and in the Pocket Pet section and think it'd be better if they could all be found in one place.

The ones I know of off of the top of my head that we've had topics about are plenty of ferret topics, some badger topics(one I started about hognosed badgers :mrgreen: ) , a marten topic, mink topics, a stoat topic(I started again icon_biggin.gif ),a topic about wolverines,etc.

Even though their technically not related you could maybe even include mongoose topics in there too since they are sort of weasel-ish. And possibly that's where the genet and civet topics can go too because they're kind of weasel-like in a way.

I was thinking maybe the forum could be called something like "Weasels and Other Weasel-like Creatures" or maybe simply "Weasels, Genets/Civets, Mongoose,etc."
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Suggestion: Forum for Weasels

Postby TamanduaGirl » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:22 pm

We had discussed that before. Something like mustilidae and viveridae(though that would leave mongooses and Eupleridae out) with a description of what that means. But we decided we aren't quite ready for it. It would take posts from both little critters and other, but both sections don't get a lot of activity as it is so then we would have 3 sections with even less activity.

We can discuss it more though maybe it could work with a larger reorganization.
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:47 pm

Oh. Sorry. I din't notice that. I think that even though people don't post in those forums alot, they post topics about mongoose, weasels, civets/genets,etc. alot in various forums and I think if they had their own forum people would post about them even more especially about their ferrets and people could ask for help and care about ferrets and other species and other people looking for advice too would be able to find it more easily. If you did decide to do it, I wouldn't mind going through the board and looking for all the topics about it and linking to them here in this topic so they'd be easier to find and move to the new section if you decided to make the new section.
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:46 pm

Discussing it now with Pat. Just trying to iron out the best way to reorganize it.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:56 pm

Okay done. After much debate I got rid of the other section and added a large critters section. So everything fits somewhere and no need for "other". Then added "Ferrets & family - Mustelidae" For now mongoose and civets stay in litter critters.
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:15 pm

TamanduaGirl wrote:Okay done. After much debate I got rid of the other section and added a large critters section. So everything fits somewhere and no need for "other". Then added "Ferrets & family - Mustelidae" For now mongoose and civets stay in litter critters.

Thanks. It says I don't have permission to read the forum though?

caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:22 pm

caninesrock wrote:
TamanduaGirl wrote:Okay done. After much debate I got rid of the other section and added a large critters section. So everything fits somewhere and no need for "other". Then added "Ferrets & family - Mustelidae" For now mongoose and civets stay in litter critters.

Thanks. It says I don't have permission to read the forum though?

Edit:And the Large critters section says I don't have permission also.

TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:23 pm

Hmm that's odd I copied permissions from the little critters so should have been open. I'll do it manually instead.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:44 pm

Should be fixed now. Don't know why copy permissions wasn't working it usually does.
amyers

Postby amyers » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:46 pm

It's working for me.
Proud mom to 11 domestic cats, 3 dogs, 2 bobcats, 3 servals, 2 cougars, 1 Siberian lynx, 1 squirrel, and counting!
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:24 pm

It works for me now too. Thanks. ^^

But you guys missed two weasel themed topics:

Otter Breeders
viewtopic.php?f=64&t=6536

Scammer?(Ferret topic)
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8680

Return to “MESSAGE BOARD ISSUES”