https://www.gofundme.com/f/my-sick-beagle-dog

could anyone post this on their Facebook, or whatever they have for media. It is for Lucy (my beagle) She is totally blind from cataracts in both eyes. She can get surgery, but, it cost $1000.00 per eye. Even if I got one eye done, it is better than nothing at all.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dog food recalls: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=14747]

Black Footed Ferrets?

ferrets, badgers, otters, weasels, martens, wolverines etc

Moderators: Ash, hecate, TamanduaGirl

natashaami777

Black Footed Ferrets?

Postby natashaami777 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:23 pm

Are these hard or easy to come by in the UK?

I have 2 ferrets already but would love a black footed ferret of course it wouldn't live with my ferrets as I wouldn't take the chance of attack or fighting.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Black Footed Ferrets?

Postby TamanduaGirl » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:51 pm

They are endangered.
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:32 pm

They are a federally listed Critically Endangered Species on the ESA (United States Endangered Species Act). I doubt they'd let you export one from here.
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule
Minkenry

Postby Minkenry » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:49 am

:wall: People make me laugh. Just because the word "ferret" is in their name, people think you can go out and get one as a pet. Let's just say they wouldn't be available in the pet trade, even if they weren't critically endangered. To put it bluntly, you have a better shot at finding and buying a pet cheetah..... I'm talking 100 times more likely!!! LOL
motdaugrnds

Postby motdaugrnds » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:09 pm

I, too, am looking for a black-footed ferret; and I live in the USA (eastern part). Yet I've not been able to find breeders here. Can anyone tell me how to find a breeder of these types of ferrets. (I'm pretty certain they're legal here.)
http://motdaugrnds.com/farmsales ~~~~~I am what I am! Acknowledging tis is the beginning; and my growth is yet to end!
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:28 am

motdaugrnds wrote:I, too, am looking for a black-footed ferret; and I live in the USA (eastern part). Yet I've not been able to find breeders here. Can anyone tell me how to find a breeder of these types of ferrets. (I'm pretty certain they're legal here.)

These ferrets are actually on the US endangered species list, so they are not legal on a federal level. So even if your state allowed them, federal law still prohibits them from being kept as pets.
I'm Fable and Ifrit's mommy. Also mommy to Carousel, Breeze, and a bunch of snakes, lizards, and spiders. Oh, and one amphibian!
motdaugrnds

Postby motdaugrnds » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:34 am

Thank you Ash
http://motdaugrnds.com/farmsales ~~~~~I am what I am! Acknowledging tis is the beginning; and my growth is yet to end!
Lovejoy1970

Postby Lovejoy1970 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:38 pm

Hi i have one and i am in the uk we got it from a rat trap at work he is big and he is 9mths old
Lovejoy1970

Postby Lovejoy1970 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:40 pm

natashaami777 wrote:Are these hard or easy to come by in the UK?

I have 2 ferrets already but would love a black footed ferret of course it wouldn't live with my ferrets as I wouldn't take the chance of attack or fighting.

I have one and i live in the uk
Lovejoy1970

Postby Lovejoy1970 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:42 pm

[quote="natashaami777"]Are these hard or easy to come by in the UK?

We got it when we had to put rat traps out at work his mum wor dead so i got him at home as a pet and he is big and he is 9mths old x
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:46 pm

Neat. Any photos? What's he like?
KKM

Postby KKM » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:50 pm

Since you're in the UK, it's probably a polecat.
1.2 rabbits
0.1 campbell's dwarf hamster
1.0 dog

Return to “Mustelidae - Ferrets & family”