please read this regarding toxic dog foods: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=14637

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041
with the holidays coming up, the return percentage is higher.

Peafowl market question.

Chickens, Ducks, Geese, Guineas,Turkeys. Pheasants etc

Moderators: Ash, hecate, TamanduaGirl

AzureWolf

Peafowl market question.

Postby AzureWolf » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:19 pm

So far I have been reading up on it, and it seems the market isn't booming like it should. Do you think I should focus on just specialty color breeding, and keep my numbers down to superior quality?
Trefoil

Re: Peafowl market question.

Postby Trefoil » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:38 am

Peafowl have pretty demanding housing and food needs, which may tend to limit the market for them. You are going to have to develop a market for your birds so you might want to start out small and specific. A color that's not common in your area or if you have the expertise, Javas or Burmese.
AzureWolf

Postby AzureWolf » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:34 am

I would really love to have a small group of unique coloring. I was thinking some Green Muticus-Muticus, Imperator and specifier. Maybe some charcoal white-eye and charcoal black shoulder. Those seem to bring alot as far as price, And they are beautiful!
Trefoil

Postby Trefoil » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:39 pm

Because there is so much crossing, it would be an easier "sell" if you concentrated (the reason its so rare to do so is called chicken math) on one kind. If all you have are the imperators and you obtain them from an impeccable source, you will have a much easier time convincing folks that yours are pure & worth the effort & $.
AzureWolf

Postby AzureWolf » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:43 pm

Thats exactly what I was thinking. I want to concentrate on purity and quality. Ive found some Imported Green Muticus.....800$ each! So....yeah. Concentrating on a quality breed/color is what Im going to do. I have 4 commercial incubators each with 4 automatic tilt trays, temp and humidity control. Now I just have to design and build a nice hatchery. :D
Nicophorus

Postby Nicophorus » Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:30 pm

I had peafowl and they would not stay on my property. My neighbors had enough of them wandering around their yard and I had to sell them (did not want to keep them caged).
AzureWolf

Postby AzureWolf » Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:55 pm

To be allowed free range they generally have to be born on the property and some work has to be put into providing them with a safe haven so they do not wander far. However, the kinda do what they want when free so its just a matter of location.

Return to “FOWL”