ALERT:. PLEASE BE CAREFUL IF SOMEONE CALLS YOU AND CLAIMS TO BE FROM IRS, ELECTRIC COMPANY OR WHATEVER THEIR REASON MIGHT BE. LOOK AT THIS LINK FOR MORE INFORMATION:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14621

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041
with the holidays coming up, the return percentage is higher.

pet playground fence

Enclosure, cage, nest box, building and enrichment ideas for any species.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Vata Raven

pet playground fence

Postby Vata Raven » Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:56 pm

Found this fence when searching for different types of material for a perimeter fence, just thought I would share it.

https://www.petplaygrounds.com/

I am unsure how well it would work for a fox, but this fence seems to stop dogs from climbing, jumping, and digging out.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: pet playground fence

Postby Ash » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:00 pm

Yeah, I wonder what the gauge is, also the height. My internet is going slow (out in the country) so I can't really click on parts of the website. Will have to check it out later.

Thank you for sharing that. I am definitely going to look into it. Looks promising.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
Vata Raven

Postby Vata Raven » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:15 pm

Ash wrote:Yeah, I wonder what the gauge is, also the height.

The height, you have a choice of 4, 5, or 6 feet. 6 feet seems to be the common height bought and used; the site does give you fence height recommendations based on weight.

The gauge, there website says this: 12 gauge black PVC coated braided STEEL cable

You would have to watch the videos when you can, the fence has this amount of "bounce" to it. They have a video showing the removal of a tree that fell onto a section of fence system, and the fence didn't lose its shape afterwards and just moved right back into place once the tree was removed.
Last edited by Vata Raven on Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:21 pm

Okay, well that sounds good. It's like pretty chain link. It's not welded (I always prefer welded). The only thing I'd be worried about is that the steel is braided, so could potentially be taken apart by a fox--like how they can dismantle a chain link fence. But it may be put together better than chain link.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
Vata Raven

Postby Vata Raven » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:39 pm

Ash wrote:Okay, well that sounds good. It's like pretty chain link. It's not welded (I always prefer welded). The only thing I'd be worried about is that the steel is braided, so could potentially be taken apart by a fox--like how they can dismantle a chain link fence..

I read this on their site:

Our fence is made up of 2 core materials, our 1000+ pound break strength polypropylene mesh and our NEW 1800+ pound break strength rubber coated welded wire. This new material has replaced the older 18 gauge metal hex wire that we used to use to form our dig & chew guard.

I don't know what pound break strength is, I assume it's the gauge, but if that's true, I don't know the conversion of pound break strength to gauge.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:47 pm

Break strength is the PSI(pounds per square inch) that it takes to break it the gauge is the measurement of the thickness of the wire. Two different things.
Vata Raven

Postby Vata Raven » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:55 am

TamanduaGirl wrote:Break strength is the PSI(pounds per square inch) that it takes to break it the gauge is the measurement of the thickness of the wire. Two different things.

Ah, thanks for clarifying that.

Should every fencing material that can be bought (I assume this only applies to metal types), should it also be listing the PSI along with the gauge?
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:31 am

No, I think it's more of a selling point. Like when I would sell cars I would always have to note that "this car has power locks and power windows," even though they all did. It just sounds more impressive to mention.

I see PSI advertised a lot on fencing made specifically for dogs, but generally it is not listed. I saw it on some vinyl fencing once, but that was because it was being advertised to contain dogs in your backyard.

Hmm... Maybe some farm fencing has it too. Like if cows or horses were to lean up against a fence, it may be listed there too.

Return to “Housing & Enrichment”