ALERT:. PLEASE BE CAREFUL IF SOMEONE CALLS YOU AND CLAIMS TO BE FROM IRS, ELECTRIC COMPANY OR WHATEVER THEIR REASON MIGHT BE. LOOK AT THIS LINK FOR MORE INFORMATION:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14621

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041
with the holidays coming up, the return percentage is higher.

PET POEMS

Pet Loss, Sick Pets, Pet Memorial, Lost Pets,

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

PET POEMS

Postby pat » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:34 am

Light a candle and/or view Rainbow Bridge and more poems for your beloved pet or for someones grief.

http://sybilsden.com/treasure/treas-main.htm
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
astargirl22

Re: LIGHT A CANDLE and PET POEMS

Postby astargirl22 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:10 pm

this is so sweet!! but im just saying... i never want to post in this area and just dread the day i do :cry: (Happy thoughts) :piggy:
~PROUD PARENT OF A SPOILED LITTLE SWIFT FOX NAMED BELLA AND A HANDSOME CHILL MARBLE FOX NAMED BARRETT~
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:51 pm

Oh my God. That Pet's Plea poem made me bawl my eyes out especially the line:
Go with me on difficult journeys, Never say, "I can't bear to watch it" or "Let it happen in my absence." Everything is easier for me if you are there.

Reminded me of my old boxer dog and how about 2 or 3 years ago, I carried her into the vets on a blanket and talked to her and pet her and told her she was going to be ok and not be in any pain anymore and be with God now because I had to have her be put to sleep because she couldn't stand up. I was in the room with her too and the last thing she did before they put the shot in her was to lick me on the face. :cry:

She came to me in a dream though a couple of nights later happy and running around as healthy and entergetic as a puppy to tell me goodbye and show me that she was ok now and happy and that I did the right thing.

She was a great dog even if she could be destructive towards the tissue paper and one of those "breathing" stuffed animal sleeping toys they sell at the mall and she did bring dead birds into the house. Lol. I think part of the reason I loved her so much was because she was kind of bad sometimes if that makes any sense. I thought it just showed how intelligent she was and how she had a mind of her own. Ah, I have some good memories of her. I wish you guys could have met her. I don't think I'll ever have another dog quite like her even if I get another boxer.

R.I.P. Roxie:
Her posing for the camera and looking pitifully cute to try and beg me to let her out of the gated room which we had her in because my aunt was cleaning the house:
Her sitting in the living room which we finally let her into after being finished cleaning it:
Her performing a trick my uncle taught her of holding the treat on her nose until he told her it was ok to eat it:
Her doing her goofy scent-marking roll to mark the house as her territory,but here I think she was just doing it to get attention because she realized every time I saw her doing it because I thought it was adorable, I would yell "Awww! Good girl!" and rub her belly and pet her and reward for her for doing it. :lol:

Roxie's Candle:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/mes ... d=15510427
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:36 am

astargirl22 wrote:this is so sweet!! but im just saying... i never want to post in this area and just dread the day i do :cry: (Happy thoughts) :piggy:

Yep, I understand what you mean.

this forum can also be used to talk about deceased pets in the past.

pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:55 am

candle8.gif
cr,

yes, those poems always make me cry.

I love the pictures of Roxie. The expression on her face is too cute.
I'll bet you were able to understand her just by looking at her eyes and expression.

I know what you mean when you said roxie would get in trouble. even though
she would make a mess at times, it was just the idea how she would come up with
the ideas. I am sure it was funny mostly "after the fact".

Roxie was a beautiful dog, and I can see it in her eyes, she was full of personality.
the trick with the biscuit is too cute.

one of the hardest things to do is put our beloved pets down. one of my dogs I put down about 5 years ago, was hard on me. she was only 5 years old. I will never forget the eye contact right before the needle was inserted. I cry every time I think about it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:55 pm

pat wrote:
candle8.gif
cr,

yes, those poems always make me cry.

I love the pictures of Roxie. The expression on her face is too cute.
I'll bet you were able to understand her just by looking at her eyes and expression.

I know what you mean when you said roxie would get in trouble. even though
she would make a mess at times, it was just the idea how she would come up with
the ideas. I am sure it was funny mostly "after the fact".

Roxie was a beautiful dog, and I can see it in her eyes, she was full of personality.
the trick with the biscuit is too cute.

one of the hardest things to do is put our beloved pets down. one of my dogs I put down about 5 years ago, was hard on me. she was only 5 years old. I will never forget the eye contact right before the needle was inserted. I cry every time I think about it.

Thanks for lighting the candle. Thank you. Yes, she did have very expressive eyes. I always knew her "Sorry" face when she did something wrong before I even found what she tore up. She was such as little ham. Hard to stay mad at for long. She just loved attention. She didn't like to be left alone for long and she would sleep at someone's feet if they were on the bed downstairs. One time, I spent 3 weeks up visiting my dad while my aunt watched her and then I came home to my aunt's and it was really moving when she was waiting at the door,wagging her little stubby tail, her whole body shaking with excitement from seeing me again, not even angry at the fact that I disappeared for awhile,but just really happy to see me. Yep. It was mostly after when it was funny. Usually,for the first couple of hours, I would yell at her and then I would pretty much ignore her until I calmed down,but I never stayed mad at her for more than a day at must,but usually not that long. And then I just thought what she did was kind of funny and cute after that. :lol: Thank you. Yes, she had tons of personality. Like I said before she was quite a ham. She always knew how to use her cuteness to her advantage,especially to try and get out of trouble when she did something bad. I thought the trick was cute too,but sometimes I felt like it was kind of mean teasing her like that. My uncle was the one who made her do it. Still though, it did show how smart she was that she had self-control(well, depending on how long you made her hold the treat on her nose. If you tried for too long, she would get impatient and just eat it :lol: ).

I know what you mean. It's hard enough losing a pet naturally,but having to make that difficult decision about if anything else can be done and is it worth it to keep them alive or will they just slowly suffer if I don't do something. I am so sorry about your dog. May she rest in peace. Mabye her and Roxie are playing together on the rainbow bridge.

I lit a candle for your dog:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/mes ... d=15515164
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:57 am

roxie sure did sound like a "ham".

generally most dogs never get mad at their owner. guess, thats why I like dogs.

roxie sounds and looks like she was full of personality.
I am sure she will never be forgotten.

Thanks for lighting the candle. Thank you. Yes, she did have very expressive eyes. I always knew her "Sorry" face when she did something wrong before I even found what she tore up. She was such as little ham. Hard to stay mad at for long

I know what you mean.

thank you for lighting a candle for Fannie.
I still cry for her. she was a brat, but, I had
a real good communication with her.

cheshire fox

Postby cheshire fox » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:59 pm

i just thought this was interesting
it's not photoshopped or anything
rainbow bridge, tokyo ^^

Return to “Pet Loss/Pet Twilight”